Auto Widows 5 months old

I planted 2 Auto Widows and an auto blueberry in November 2017. It’s almost April, and they are still showing clear with a few cloudy trichomes and have been for months. They are pissing me off now! This is messing with my yearly grow cycle. A great grow with no other problems, per usual. Conditions throughout grow were optimal. Leaves are dying away with age, and there are hardly any fan leaves left now. It’s like the buds are stuck. I even switched light cycle to 12/12 a month+ ago. Still nothing has changed. Has anybody else ever heard/experienced this before? None of the other auto seeds from the same ilgm order acted like these.

18 Likes

I got a white widow auto that’s been in flower going on 70 days and still looks like it has a few weeks left. I just lowered my time to 10/14 to see if it will speed things along

1 Like

You’re only reducing final yield doing that. Autos go by age not light spectrum or hours of light/dark. There is something genetically wrong with mine at day 150. If I had more fan leaves, I’d just let them keep packing on the weight until just right. I’m still getting new bud development happening now

90% clear trichomes so an early harvest is just crazy.

3 Likes

Let them grow… auto’s or not… let them grow… I run them till they start to die on the vine… as I call it… :wink:

Couch lock… :wink:
Everybody I know likes to drool and forget their name… lol :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Amen to that!

1 Like

Drill em. Wait a day and put them in dark for 24 hours. Should cause em to turn if they are right there and just won’t budge.

Have been contemplating just that for a week or two. I do 36 hr after splitting and then 48 dark after that. I’ve already lost a month on my yearly cycle. So only gonna get in 3 harvests this year from my auto tent. Stressing them might turn just enough cloudy for a killer head high. Turn whole crop into concentrate and e-juice for day toking. It’s just hard to decide after losing that month. At this point I might just ride it out for 2-3 more weeks. Wait till the sugar leaves start turning a lil yellow then do that. Decisions Decisions

3 Likes

Let them grow. Ive grow a bunch of wwa from ILGM and none have been less the 90 days but 100 isnt uncommon.
Id say if they look healthy ride it out till i get some amber. She’ll reward you! They look good !

1 Like

90-120 days is common but 150 and still putting out new bud sites + not progressing into cloudy… cummon man, this ain’t my 1st time. 20yr grower here

4 Likes

Wholly crap
Awesome grow

1 Like

That IS odd. Last year was my first year with autos, but they didn’t have trouble ambering up. Must be a little weak on the ruderalis gene. Just enough to kick in the flowering, but not enough to finish its quick cycle?

By the way, nice grow. I didn’t do well inside last year, so I’m back outside where I belong…

1 Like

I have outside gorilla grow and 2 tents just to keep up with my medical needs. Back surgery mishap. Permanent nerve pain. Was on Oxy, methadone, and lots more for decade plus. Now it’s edibles, vaping, and J’s. Love weed but hate to pay for it. Can’t be without my medicine for too long.

5 Likes

I don’t know too many people that have anything good to say about back surgery. Most wish they hadn’t done it. I understand there’s no choice sometimes, but given an option, I wouldn’t do it.

Sacral nerve problems made me consider it one time…

Figured I’d try some Auto Blueberry larf in a few days. Hope it tastes as good as it smells! You know conditions are perfect when you get that smell of ripe blueberries, just making your mouth water.
Happy Easter fellow growers

13 Likes

Wow 5 month auto does seem strange man. Hard to believe.

The seed were over a year old, and stored in 65F dark room for that time. I have 2 different strains in one container. Still have new bud production poping out daily. Clear trichomes and not progressing any further.

I wanna figure this out. If I could duplicate the circumstances, I’d have a new, longer grow cycle for my autos. Think of all the resulting benefits.
Well, no, at that point I’d just grow photos and have complete control. Duh!!! Who knows, it might be helpful to someone out there though.

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 nice to meet for the first time also. What is your opinion here?

1 Like

What do i think about what the 5 months ?
It does seem a little long bit ive heard of some grows where people have gone closer to 6 for the autos to finish its not the normal but it does happen
Possible they stalled to temps ? @Mickanooch

1 Like

Temp is 75F day and 66F at night and maintaining a 25RH.

1 Like

6”x11” Monster cola

8 Likes