Auto Widow seedlings problem

Sorry no pics. I have started 3/10 seeds and all sprouted, yay. But, they are all growing high with small leaves. One is approximately 5” tall with small leaves. First time grower indoors, is this normal? Should I be transplanting already? PH is good. Watering every other day and everything looks healthy??

1 Like

First off, welcome to the ILGM community.

If you can post some photos of your plants under normal lighting, it would be helpful.
Without seeing anything, it sounds like you have insufficient lighting and your plants are doing what is called “stretching.”
Please also fill out any of the following information. If there’s any items you don’t know, that’s okay.

Seed Strain: White Widow
Type(Normal, Feminized, Autoflower): Autoflower
Medium(soil in pots, DWC, Coco):
pH of runoff or solution in reservoir:
Strength of nutrient mix(EC or PPM):
Indoor or Outdoor grow:
Light system(CFL, HID, LED):
Light power(true watts):
Temperature(Day and Night):
Humidity(Day and Night):
Ventilation system(Yes, No, Size, CFM):

It is likely that the advice given here will be to increase your light power or move your lights closer. If you are using a cool CFL light, you can have it just inches away from your plants.

Hey @Kbob welcome to ILGM. It sounds like maybe there’s not enough light, and they’re stretching to reach for the light. Rather than just guessing, you could fill out a support ticket to tell us more about your grow:
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco…what brand?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you.

Awesome, will do next time as much as I know.:+1:

Is there a particular light that would work better and improve our growth? We are using a light from a local store that is for plants. It has a violet color that it emits. I have a Home Depot And comparable stores in the area.

Amazon has a full line up of lights for growing Indoors

1 Like

Depends on your budget for lighting.
Amazon is a crap shoot for quality lights.
Check out HLG lights on this forum and check out their web site. Many have those higher performance LED light fixtures and they are some great lights with reasonable power use to light output and help plants grow very well.
I’m no expert on lights but in my opinion next to seeds lighting is the most important component as light is the plants food source!

3 Likes

Just trying to help, he said 150.00 thats what i paid for it 600 watt :thinking:

What is the size of your grow space? How many watts is your light? Some lights say 600 watt when they only actually consume around 100. They add the total max capacity of the diodes, and list it as that, when they actually only run the diodes at 50-60%ish, max, to prolong their life. You want somewhere around 40-50 watts per square foot with the type of lighting you have. Some more efficient ones, you could get away with 35 or so, but the more the better, to an extent. There are some really good LED lighting threads on this forum under “lights & ventilation” and @dbrn32 is the go to guy for lighting here.

3 Likes

I agree with @elheffe702 which I believe is a fellow Las Vegas desert grower
Consult @dbrn32 on lights
He helped me out a lot and I spent a fraction of what I would have on a similar fixture

2 Likes

And welcome to the forum
And happy growing

1 Like

Is there a name or manufacturer on your light?