Auto vs feminine

I’m somewhat of a beginner. I just harvested my first batch of autos and wanted to know how difficult it would be to grow Chocolope indoors as I don’t see it offered as an auto? Here’s a pic of a bud from my very first grow

7 Likes

Its not difficult to grow photos, i prefer them

2 Likes

I also prefer photos…keeps me in control. I have a Chocolope just about readyto harvest. Here is a link to my grow journal on the journals tab:

It took to training well and is growing huge buds…with some foxtailing :grinning:

The Chocolope is the front left plant in the group shot (10 days ago or so)

7 Likes

looks great to me, and you grew that, be proud growmie. im growing my 1st photo right now and i love it

5 Likes

Autos can me much more difficult, especially for beginners. You have a small window to get things corrected if they experience an issue. With photos you have all the time in the world to fix an issue before sending them into flower

5 Likes

Sold lol - I’m pulling the trigger now. Thank you so much. Do you mind me reaching out to you if I run into a snag or have questions?

1 Like

One benefit to autos is that you can run your lights longer if you need to which can help improve an underpowered lights preference. Can be tough to meet DLI at 12/12 with weaker lights.

1 Like

Sure thing…that is what this place is all about

Welcome to the community ! My personal opinion Go with the photo plants you won’t regret it you have much more control. Don’t get me wrong there is a place in the growing world for auto plants but I think you should try the photos . good luck. :v::+1:

2 Likes

I don’t want to assume anything. In order to grow photos you need to be able to provide the plant 12 hours of darkness. If this requirement can be met, hands down I prefer growing photoperiod plants.
It looks like a great strain. Big, tall & heavy sativa. With its long flowering time it will be a commitment.
7 - 8 weeks veg & 10 - 12 weeks flower. Before you know it it will be June.
The purple haze I grew took 140 days from sprout to harvest.

2 Likes

Congrats on your harvest!!

1 Like