Auto stuck in preflower? Nothing changing

Bruce banner autos
Happy frog soil
18/6 light cycle
Mars hydro 100-125 real watts

So I’ve been told wait it out I’ve also been told put it in the dark for 48 hours then take it back to the light. Getting frustrated with it unfortunately at this point. It’s seeming to be stuck in preflower, the only thing I’ve seen change is the stem going into the soil seems to be a bit bigger. The plant is right at 6 weeks and a few days. Roughly 45 days old (from being being placed into soil). Need a definite answer if possible, I want to leave it alone but not seeing a change has me worried, I’m really starting to lean on trying the two days of darkness then putting back under the lights. If anyone could help asap I’d appreciate it, I’m losing my mind with this one lol. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Change the light cycle to a 12/12. Lots of times autoflowers flower on their own but it’s entirely possible you happened to get a phenotype that was especially low in the ruderalis (autoflowering) genetics and you’ll have to switch the light cycle to initiate flowering.

It’s not all that unusual.

3 Likes

Ah I see. However I only have one light and three plants growing, that would mess up the others if I changed the cycle. Anything else I can do or try the two day darkness? Or any other ideas?

Are the other two flowering? And are they all autoflowers?

All are autoflowers, and yep the bigger one beside it is doing well flowering. Other is a seedling basically, about a couple weeks old

In that case, I’d suggest switching the light cycle. The youngest in the bunch won’t start flowering - she’s too immature. She’s also an autoflower so being on a 12hr light cycle shouldn’t bug her once she is mature enough. She’ll follow her own internal timer.

Same thing for the one who is already flowering. The 12/12 is a flowering plant’s natural light cycle (or somewhere between 14/10 and 10/14 really) so it won’t cause you any harm at all.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m gonna do then swap to a 12/12. I’m hoping that encourages it to actually flower. Any idea why weirdly the stem going into the ground has gotten a bit bigger noticeable for sure. And also keep this 12/12 for the remainder of there life span correct? Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. Once you flip to 12/12 keep it there. You can play a little bit with adding or subtracting a couple of hours in either direction, but I’d treat that particular plant like a photoperiod.

It’s entirely possible she’s finally getting ready to flower on her own, but it’s also entirely possible she’s just getting fat and happy vegging. I got a massive trunk on a plant I let veg from early September til late November because she just vibed for so long.

Edit: PS- give the autoflower 5-7 days on the 12/12 schedule - it will take her time to adjust and bud up.

3 Likes

I appreciate your time and help my man! I’ll be back with results in 5-7 days lol ima be so happy if it finally flips and starts going crazy like my other did. Gonna start that 12/12 in the morning!

1 Like

Good stuff. When you’re back with a report tag me in (just type @ and then my name @Graysin ) - that’ll put it at the top of my notifications so I see it easier :v: happy growing!

1 Like

Dude it just started clustering you don’t need to set it to 12/12 just be a little more patient

2 Likes

…. This is why I haven’t done 12/12 because of so many different opinions and it’s been the exact same for two weeks now literally. Not a bit different at the bud sights, you sure?

1 Like

@Graysin this is why it’s been so hard and confusing because so many diff opinions. It’s been the same for two weeks and others aside from @GreenSnek have said to just wait it out. I just can’t see why it’s been like this for two weeks and not moving. Idek what to do.

@LearnasUgrow @Nicky @MattyBear @Pet_de_Chien @alexankh anybody able to chime in on leave it be or flip to 12/12? Thanks!

Autos can be grown on 12/12 or any light cycle. If you don’t see improvement within a week you can flip to 12/12 to kick things in gear :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

I agree with @MattyBear, with the way they are staying in pre-flower,switch to a 11/13,12/12, or a 13/11 light cycle. This should insure flowers develop. If that doesn’t fix it, I’m stumped.

2 Likes

Autos can be forced to flip by 48hr darkness flowed by 12/12.

1 Like

And then leave at 12/12? Also I said above wouldn’t that affect the other two also? The little one I’m mainly worried about not so much my bigger baby.

What about the little one would it affect her? That’s my main worry! I’m sure my bigger one will be fine.

That’s largely because there’s no one “right way” to do things. Just things that have worked for me.

The 12/12 won’t hurt anything. As @MattyBear @LearnasUgrow and @Nicky say, flipping it to 12/12 is a sure fire way to know if it’s ready to flower. And there’s truly no harm in doing it. You save on electricity, so if no other benefit you get peace of mind and less electric cost.

1 Like