Auto seedling help

Oh also top 3” is MG seed starter soil, thought the compost mix might be too hot for the seedlings and didn’t want to transplant because they are autos

Hmmm that’s probably an important note, I know mg is generally pretty hot but I’m not sure about their starter mix :thinking:

0.03% across the board

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking that it’s fine. The yellow could be its reaction to the N. It really needs nothing right now but I’ll bet it thrives in the end

I know the yellow is disconcerting but as long as you don’t overwater,which I know you’re being viligant about, you should be good I think

I hate the FF liquid nutes. So much work for so little reward. Jack’s 3-2-1 or any of the “Part A and Part B” formulations will do you better (Emerald Harvest, Advanced Nutrients, Humbolt’s) than FF nutes. They’re… complex at best? Have you checked out an FF feed chart?

Seriously. It’s a mess

Thanks for the Tag Wormy. I’m no pro but I’m getting good at seeing warning signs.

I don’t know much about their starter soil!- in fact this stuff looks like it might be entirely okay, but MG is generally WAY too much for cannabis. Their generalized nutrients don’t provide what cannabis needs, they’ll give you nitrogen toxicity before anything else in most cases. Same maybe here with the seedling stuff but I’m assuming it’s lower dose than the generic potting soil.

Regarding watering practices.

Stop doing this and lift up the pot after you’ve watered it. Feel the weight. Then wait for the soil to get light. If you can, fill an identical pot with the same amount of soil so you have a dry one on hand to use as a reference while you’re waiting for the plant to dry.

Cannabis prefers a wet/dry cycle. I water my vegging autos once every 6-8 days right now.

And lastly, try to water in a ring around your plant and not directly on it. I can see where the water is concentrated in the photo. If you widen up that watering to a nice wide ring beginning at the outermost leaf tips, your plant will start growing roots outward to seek the water. Better for the rapid growth and development that autos need.

I don’t want to sound like a big old mean critic, your plants are truly looking good, healthy and happy. I just wanted to call the things I see before they become an issue like root rot or drowning; or in the case of the nutrients, salt buildup and PH lockout.

4 Likes

Thanks Brother for the help

I’m still waking up so an extra set of eyes on helps a ton

1 Like

Too many unknown variables cloud the when to feed question - the mushroom compost and the MG soil, will need to watch the plants and look for signs that they need feeding.

2 Likes

What would you say the first noticeable things would be?

Yellowing of fan leaves (starting with older bottom leaves) would be the first sign that the plants are getting hungry and need feeding. This is the nitrogen being pulled from the old leaves to fuel new growth.

1 Like

Cool sounds good man! I had a 1200 plant outdoor grow but I always used clones so starting from a seed is completely new to me. Maybe I’m overthinking it lol

1 Like

This is kinda my testing before I build my 100’x30’ indoor grow

1 Like