Auto pots questions trying to learn

I didn’t use either the socks or discs in fabric pots this last grow. I did have roots outside the fabric pots but they were not an issue with the tray and valves.

2 Likes

@Graysin oh thats cool it comes with them i haven’t broken into it yet to take a look was to late lastnight after work to pull it out but going to do it tonight thanks for the info

2 Likes

So it begins…

2 Likes

I crunched the numbers in August
This is what I come up with.

321 Mix
Jack’s Grams / gallon Pounds Price Grams $ per gram $ per gallon of 321 mix
Part A 3.6 25 $57.00 11,340 $0.005 $0.018
Part B 2.4 25 $47.00 11,340 $0.004 $0.010
Epsom 1.2 6 $5.00 2,720 $0.002 $0.002
Cost per gallon of 321 mix $0.030

It is 3 cents per gallon with a little rounding.
Calculations based on GrowGreenMI 25 pound bags with free shipping.
Epsom salt is 6 pound bag from Walgreens.

2 Likes

@beardless thxs a million that really makes the choice to switch to jacks really easy

1 Like

Lol, that’s great! If I were smart I’d buy the big bags but… I buy the 2.2’s :crazy_face:

I bought the 25# and I will never use it all. Besides that, I’m going to use Jack’s TAP on the next run. I will be using more well water during the fall & winter and that is what it is designed for.

2 Likes

Perlite clay pebbles or air base what would be the choice you guys/ladies go with and me being a soil guy i use mycorrhizae can i use it in autopot with coco

I have used both Tribus Original and FishSh’t in autopots with coco. I also use Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice and Piranha. I add Great White to all transplants.

3 Likes

I’ve done both: the hydroton in fabric pots layered in the bottom two inches seems to do as good or better a job than the air domes with a pump. It’s also cheaper and quieter.

2 Likes

I’ve done the airdromes with Hydroton. I’ve done just Hydroton and just did a run with chunky perlite as a base. No noticeable difference with any of them.

2 Likes