Auto Northern Lights day 47 switched to 20/4 from 24/0 , is it OK?

Hi I was wondering if switching the light cycle now will help speed things up? Was on 24/0 from start & now on 20/4. Will this make a big difference or not?
Thanks!
Mari

No but I’m no expert ?

Do you think it’ll help to go faster? I’m hoping to harvest before it gets cold here.
Thanks!
Mari

There is no gas pedal or magic time , the plant will finish accordingly to it genetics . You just have to keep a watchful eye on things , and the actual timing to harvest is up to most growers , there are stages in trichomes that determine when to cut it and hang it ?

Nope you can’t speed the leath of time that I know of
Tom

Just ran across this in a article. They said that if you are in 20/4 or 24/0, there is little else to do but let them grow according to genetics. The plant will tell you when it is done, the leaves will start dying. The main thing again, DO NOT STRESS THE PLANT !

Good luck, hope we see some really great harvest pictures soon !

Jerry

Well thanks everyone for the input! It’s confusing to read so many different suggestions on a number of sites and I just wish there was one basic guideline to follow but I guess it’s going to be trial/error. I know it’s my 1st time but praying that they turn out halfway decent! I’m getting anxious & a bit stressed out ,constantly worrying that I’m doing something wrong, watching too many growing videos on YouTube - lol!
thanks again, will keep you posted on the progress.
best, Mari

Marichan
EVERYONE feels the same way on the first grow! You are in the very best place you could be if you have problems. If something comes up, try to think it through and propose what you think is the right solution. Then put it on here and let everyone here help you work it through. Just stick with it and you will get a decent yield, believe me! AND you will feel different about smoking your own grown dope! Always makes it seem that much sweeter! (At least to me !)
Good grows and GREAT Buds to you always.
Jerry

No this is an Auto she will finish when she is ready to do so. Light timing don’t play a role here.
Hang in there and keep checking the trichomes from time to time. Look for Amber color and there you’ll have it.

B Safe
Will

Oh well I guess I’ll just have to be patient- yes I do check daily with my microscope but they look very clear & small still so I assume they have a ways to go still. Thanks for all the responses- I do appreciate everyone here!
best,
Mari

Good deal, they will turn milky then they’ll start to / turn Amber. That’s when the fun begins…lol

B Safe
Will

Yes. BY shortening the photo period, you should see the plant finish faster. Yield will suffer. If you want to really finish this plant asap…Go to 12/12. From research I have done; This will put an auto flower into finish mode.

1 Like

I am wondering how much of a decrease in yield? So they’re 7 wks today & if supposedly this strain should finish @ 9wks, that’s 2 wks from now, I probably better off to wait & see by then & if trichomes not changing, then switch to 12/12- what do you think about this plan? BTW-trichomes are still clear.
Thank you !
Mari

The tripchomes will turn milky then turn Amber most growers go for 50/50 or 40/60. In favor of Amber

B Safe
Will

1 Like

Thanks Will, I’m looking at them daily & noticed the upper parts are more cloudy/milky and lowest branches trichomes are not so probably wait until all evenly changed to start the flushing?
best,
Mari

If your tops finish before the lower buds you can trim the tops off to let the bottom get more light to finish.
There was a tread on this here if i find it later I will post therefore you.
Here ya go I found it.

Actually you can harvest the ripe buds when they are ready and let the rest mature later, no different than harvesting fruit from any other plant. Many people do harvest their bud like this because the lower buds not getting as much light will take a bit longer. However, just like other plants, it is better to plan and have all your tops getting equal light so as to have them develop more evenly, that would ensure the best yield and potency for all buds.

Keep in mind, the above answers about stress are partially correct, and the plant can and will stress whenever too much of itself is removed

Happy Growing,
MacG

No no you can cut the cola off to let more light at the bottom buds without killing the plant. Someone else just asked the same question. And this is what Stoner say’so
MacGyverStoner
Science Officer
12h
With experience you should be able to grow a plant that is best suited to your growing environment.
I personally prefer one big plant in a ScrOG, and this ensures a pretty even canopy of tops and pretty uniform maturity or ripeness, as determined by the trichomes.
I would prune more developed tops if they were clearly ready and the others could use more time.
~MacG
So with that said yes you can.

B Safe
Will
B Safe
Will

hi Will- Is that the same with autoflowers? Definitely the tops are way more advanced in growth than the lower branches- which are still growing.
thanks!
Mari

You know, I’m not sure about auto I for one haven’t grown any. But I will help you find out.

Will

I was thinking about it…not for long…lol
I don’t see were it would be any different. It’s going to finish either way.
Just a thought.

B Safe
Will

Northern Lights autos, day 54 grown under CFLS then T5 lighting added a few wks ago, their stalks are long & flowers are kind of small still. Question- will they or should they get thicker/bushier in time? Are they just not near ready yet? They seem so bare in comparison to others I’ve been looking at, any comments appreciated.
best regards,
Mari