AUTO NL Harvest Time? 1st Grow - Help!

IMO you really want to see at least 25-30% amber before you start your final prep to harvest. That should still provide an upbeat high but also have enough amber so you do not get sketchy or paranoid when you smoke.

1 Like

@MedMan1878 What Oak said, please consider his advice, I think you’ll be much happier ?

im getting ancy…need to smoke! I don’t kno why my shots aren’t showing the amber I have a lot of it but prob not enough like u said…I still got to dry and cure so ur rite def not time to get impatient…I’m gonna give it 3 or 4 more days

Random question here…I was looking at some of the other seeds on the site, namely strawberry kush and it was under the “Feminized” seed section not the autoflower, but it shows a flowering time of only 54 days…so is the strawberry kush also an autoflower, or is it a regular seed that’s just female with a very short flowering time? If so would it technically be done in the same time an autoflower is done? This may be a dumb question but How do you find out the vegging times for the seeds ?

I think I could answer, you’re probably going to add a couple weeks transition time to that 54 days …some may add more some may add less, and that’s probably a good rule of thumb for all times given everywhere

generally speaking the time given for an autoflower is supposed to be seed to harvest…although few can get them to harvest as quickly as the ads say, lol… when dealing with a photo period plant…regular seed, feminized seed, whichever… the flowering time listed is the time period that starts after the light schedule has been changed on a plant and does not include all the time spent in vegetative growth… usually the first two weeks after the light change is called “pre-flower” and this time period is usually not included in flower time either.
say for example you have an auto that says flowering time is 75 days… this means from the time you germinate seed it will take a total of around 75 days,…usually 85-90 days and you will be harvesting…
same example but you have a photo period seed that says flowers in 75 days… you germ the seed and get it sprouted and through the seedling stage(two weeks) then you start on the veg stage and decide to veg for 45 days(six weeks) you switch your light schedule to 12/12 to encourage your plant to flower and force it into pre flower(two weeks)…you make it through preflower and get into full on flowering…now…after the TEN WEEKS it took to actually get to flower… NOW you start your 75 days of flower…
the seed ads cover the entire lifespan of the autos… but only the actual budding period for the photo period plants.

5 Likes

Oooohhh ok makes sense…I see cuz technically they say an auto pretty much goes straight into flower from day 1 with maybe a very short period of veg–>pre flower…but since it’s basically already in flower mode within the first couple weeks give or take they use the flower time interchangeable with harvest time…cool tnx oak

Ok folks I just got her out of 36 hours of dark period and she is milky and fuzzy everywhere u can just see the milky trichomes without using a scope but here are the pics…a lot of my Amber trichomes look half clear half Amber and the milky ones are just milky but I’m still having trouble focusing on the Amber to get pics…anyway I think I’m ready but I’m gonna post this one last Time before I cut anything down

I don’t know why it seems all the amber ones just come out as clear here are more pics… I’m also seeing what I’m not sure is purple are amber discoloration on the tips of a lot of buds and a lot on the top not sure if that’s purple or its overdone or what

1 Like

I wish I could post short video clips because it’s the only way to get a clear assessment with the microscope …would anyone be open to me sending them a short video via email

I can see the Amber …so after 36 hours of dark you have to chop it, looks good! :thumbsup:

I heard you don’t want to dry or cure them around plastic? Can I hang dry them in an oven that’s proper partially open if it’s totally dark in there? Or do I want to keep it off the metal…obviously oven turned off :grin:

Your best bet is to run some strings in a small room or closet, keep it dark and add a small fan indirectly blowing the air around and leave it for about a week

For the record a lot of these strange and unusual things you hear, I wouldn’t pay too much attention, it’s pretty fundamental stuff

Lastly for some of the lower more under developed buds and branches, can I put them back under the light at all as long as I don’t trim to close to the buds?

Here she is, still with a lot of foliage but I can pick the bigger leaves off as she dries over the next week right? Then give it a tighter manicure just before she cures in mason jars? Can I put this trimmed plant back under the lights at all?

1 Like

I say give it a shot hell it can’t hurt it that was a beautiful girl you had there congratulations @MedMan1878

Once you put it in the dark for 36 hours that’s pretty much game over buddy …time to Hang Em High! Looking good, let’s get 'em dry :four_leaf_clover:

Also newspapers have ink, you don’t want to put your buds on newspaper try a paper or plastic bag or something like that I keep a designated tray for trimming

1 Like

He’s right I forgot that 36 hours there toast cut them off do I love this place @Paranorman i’d go with anything he had to say

1 Like

It’s funny you say that because I’m here thinking geez what the hell would happen if he did ?? LOL …maybe we can get him to do it as an experiment ?

2 Likes

With as much as he has and the light not getting to the bottom like that it could work man them plants are strong as hell and resilient I say what the hell still if it. Was my plant I’d give it another couple days and see what happens water it put it back under the light and see what happens you never know unless you try it

1 Like