AUTO NL Harvest Time? 1st Grow - Help!

Ok guys so this 1st grow has been crazy but I think I came out okay considering the startup 1st timer set up I had with lights and the recent spider mite issue during flower- everything considered I feel like it has been a fairly good grow- yet I know where a lot of improvements need focus! Anyway I want to harvest my auto northern lights with a little more of a body buzz than head so I’m looking for a little Amber in my trichomes right. Pictures below:
Here are my questions:
Are these trichomes ready?
If these trichomes are considered cloudy, how long does it take them to reach partial Amber?
Also- does anyone recommending a flush at this point? If so with or without nutrients?
Do I need to give it a period of day or 2 darkness before plucking?
Thanks!

More pics

2 Likes

I dunno… looks to me like you are still 2 weeks away from harvest. I see clear trichs still and only a couple lightly ambered.

1 Like

@Oak is right , she looks like she needs more time , I’d feed her at least 1 more week then flush , but to me she really looks more like 3 weeks out … As a side note , I like almost 50% amber when I pool them , its medicine for me … If I can’t remember my name when I medicate that’s what I was looking for…:smiling_imp:

:v::sunglasses:

I don’t know what I would do without you guys … I was thinking she was pretty close the trichomes were a lot more clear just a few days ago and when I compared them to some good nuggets I was currently smoking the trichomes looked almost just as cloudy. I haven’t flushed one time yet so I guess I’ll go ahead and do that. Regardless they aren’t Amber at all so that’s what I’m looking for. I will try to post a few more better pics just to be sure.
On a side note, I accidentally broke a big branch about a week ago and have been keeping it healthy until 2 nights ago I tried taping it up and it completely dried out Or at least the leaves dried up and the Nuggs on that branch looked a lot drier, more orange hairs no white ones, and looked overall finished compared to the rest of the plant. I checked the trichomes on the broken branch buds and they were twice as cloudy as the other branches. Am I good to cut the branch off and start drying those buds out? I’ll post a pic of this too but honestly the buds look like normal dank nugs to me so might as well try.

1 Like

Tnx again. Brings me to my other question, should I flush with or without nutrients

Without nutrients you should flush with proper PH water and nothing else unless you use one of the products on the market designed to pull the nutes out of the plant . This will make for a better tasting smoother less harsh smoke the final flushing is to pull nutrients out of the plant .

2 Likes

this is what I plan on using it is flawless finish and used to pull the nutrients out

2 Likes

Just like they turned cloudy fast they can also turn Amber fast so keep an eye on them

there’s a thread called " to flush or not to flush " on here that you might search and find interesting
-best wishes

4 Likes

I need to read that also thanks

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch for suggesting that post @Paranorman it was a very interesting thread it made me feel kinda stupid with how technical some of it got but it was very informative. So @MedMan1878 please disregard everything I said and go to this thread the weed warriors explain it to a degree that is truly impressive

2 Likes

Lastly, what are your guys’ thoughts on dark period before harvesting? Particularly with an auto? Is it pointless? I mean I know a lot of thc, resin and density & general growth happens during dark periods. And even tho it’s an auto I can swear that some mornings When I go to turn ON the lights I see the biggest jump in growth…thoughts ?

The longer you extend your dark period the more your plant build resin trichomes and produce , cause intense lights decrease resin trichomes but the plant need the light for energy but the dark to build , I flower starting out with 12/12 first two weeks so the the plant can transition from phase to phase and than another two weeks 11/13 and than 10/14 and let them finish on 10/14 and than if you monitor your trichomes good enough you can put it in 36 hours of darkness during the flush to really dry out the water in the plant and get that last final push .

2 Likes

I also do exactly what @yoshi just stated! It works too!
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

@ktreez420 dude have you heard about moon rocks and sun rocks , snoop said the THC is 60% in moon rocks and 80% in sun rocks , need to find sun and moon rock seeds gotta try it ?

2 Likes

he probably was not talking about the strain “Blue Moon Rocks” but the product… apparently they have a process of caking a bunch of hash around a bud and they call that moon rocks… or some such…

1 Like

and rolled in keif

2 Likes

@Oldstoner thanks for that. I havent heard about it.
Ill do a bit of research on it now.

1 Like

I’ll just make my own…:smiling_imp: thks for the info…

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Moon rocks, isn’t actually a strain, it’s just nug dipped in oil and rolled in keif. But I’ve always to try it out, I just don’t know how you’re even supposed to break it up lol
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v: