Auto leaves yellowing

Hi everyone first time auto grower no-till soil 3 gal geo pots 3×3tent 300v2 + 2×65 lights ph in 6•5 out unknown

• List item

2 Likes

First welcome to the community. I would go ahead and get me a pH out and a PPM out. And make adjustments from there. My first thoughts looking at the picture with the whole plant overall light green could use a little NPK. The new growth is always going to be a little lighter Color than the rest of the plant.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help i was going between too much N or not enough and whats a good npk mixture for my soil i thought with no-till it would be ok

2 Likes

Hi
This is my second grow and I have kept my EC at 1/2 of recommended (I use GHE CocoGrow & GHE CocoFlower) - so my “in” EC is normally around 1-1.2 and my runoff EC around 1.4-1.8 during flower - in the last couple of weeks my leaves started turning brown, mostly the top (new) leaves, but only once it is a mature leave do you really see it - can anyone point me in a direction please? The leaves are also a very dark green. Oh yes Ph 6.5

I’m still a noob, but I wanted to make both of you guys feel welcome, there will be someone with more experience than me here to help shortly.giphy (1) @Spaceman79 and @Mort1

2 Likes

Thank you very much

@Mort1 once you get your PPM runoff number that will let you know how much you need to feed or if you’re okay. As far as the no-till I have no experience with that. Overall your plant looks good.

I added some nitrogen to one and left the other one alone so I’ll give it 24 hours and see what happens any other suggestions welcome thanks and with the run off if 6.5 in what should be out ?I checked ph run off and it 8

@Budbrother is an awesome grower with an all organic grow. I believe @Mrcrabs is also organic. They’ll be along before long.
And welcome @Mort1. And @Spaceman79
To I❤️GM.

1 Like

Thanks man appreciated old guys rule

2 Likes

What do you add for N? In soil it takes a week to notice any changes.

2 Likes

Hi budbrother i sprinkled about a gram of richgro organics nitrogen 14 then watered it in till run off probably not the right thing to do but i wanted to try and work it out myself learn by one’s mistakes old school logic i suppose

I’ve never used that product. I’d follow the instructions but reduce the feeding in half for the first few. Companies always try to get you to use more than necessary.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums and thus the community @Mort1

I have no experience with “No-Till” soils but from what I have read and understand you shouldn’t have a problem if done right, thus why you are posting because something is going wrong.
First thing I would ask is how did you make your soil to ensure its no till? Because this is where the problem lies.
Secondly while it’s capable to grow in 3 gallon pots If I personally was going no till I woild do 10 gallon pots at a minimum for no till. I use organic soil but it gets depleted by my autos come flowering time and thus I add bloom nutrients.

By the yellowing of your leafs I would totally agree that it’s a nitrogen deficiency, so good to see thst was pointed out and you took some corrective action, unfortunately like bud brother mentioned it will take a while to see results. That being said don’t go overboard, again as @Budbrother mentioned, your best bet when deciding to feed is to read the TDS run off and then before you put anything in read the TDS of the water and then the slurry mix you feed. This will prevent you from over feeding and thus burning your plant or under feeding.
Remember to PH the water After making the nute slurry for feeding.

@Spaceman79 welcome to the forums and thus the community.
Be sure to click on “how to start a new thread” and post your own thread as not to hijack other people’s threads, it also can get confusing helping multiple people on one thread with multiple issues.
None the less your experiencing a calcium deficiency, ensure your PH in is 6.5 and run off is 6.3-6.8
If your run off is good then you need to add calcium, a cal mag mix is often the best route as a mag deficiency might soon follow.
If your run off is out of range you have a soil issue or a nutrient salt build up issue, flush the salts out with lots of Ph’d water running through the medium and if it’s soil then that’s a different ball game you will need to add a product depending on if the PH is to low or two high (for example lime is used to raise soil PH)

3 Likes

OK, we need to get that pH down to the mid 6’s. Even organics need to be in a safe range.

3 Likes

Yeah good catch @blackthumbbetty
I totally missed where he said 8.

The mix is wrong, need some lime

So lime needs to be added but won’t that raise the soil ph my run off was 8 shouldn’t i be lowering it sorry if i misunderstood my no-till soil was bought from a reputable company don’t know if i can name them here and have worm casings i can add but this problem is mainly with the autos i all so have canna Flores nut

Sorry, I tried to star a new thread, but it is a bit different than other forums

1 Like

All good.just go back to the section you want to start a topic in and in the top right should be a “NEW THREAD” button