Auto growers : I challenge you to start growing photoperiod strains!

I never used a trellis when I grew in dirt but once I switched to hydro it became a necessity…so many ways to grow this amazing plant

4 Likes

I think they look fabulous! Definitely need to be careful not to bend to much as the limbs tend to get a little stiff after the stretch.

Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

IMO, a net at this point is more for support. :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I dont think its a fail u just need more practice with scroging u should be happy with that big beautiful plant

1 Like

But what can I do with what I’ve done there to make it better?

1 Like

Beautiful grow man.

Looks great. Great job.

@VirginiaGrowBoy Didn’t you have a scrog in there earlier? :thinking: Odds are. In a few weeks you may be able to remove the net. I would say all looks great. I will tag you into my new grow. I am getting close to my plants needing the scrogs. The one thing I think I see is you may want to start trimming down low. Can you post a side shot of your plant :grin:

2 Likes

I like to think about it as not better, just different maybe. A scrog is a method used to help hold down your plants so they all grow up at the same time.

Some folks can super crop plants and make them as big as using a scrog. And some even use a scrog with cropping.

I can’t use that method… or at least haven’t tried it much. I do small branches but not like @Grandaddy013 super crops.

I like a firm scrog that doesn’t give as much, others like using a big trellis. You’ll figure out what works best for you. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes , I used it once before but I had that scrog on an auto that allowed me to stretch that much wider. I can’t seem to do that in this case where this photo plant takes up the whole tent. That’s the problem in a nutshell .

2 Likes

If you have reasonable lights. You can get away with out stretching them a lot. Most of mine fit in a 2x2 scrog :grin:

1 Like

You can carefully try to rearrange your branches in to a better placement but me personally i would leave it the way it is and try again next run but thats just me

2 Likes

I moved 3 or 4 over further to the outside but I think I’ll take your advice and just leave it be after that for now.

And I’ll wait for the final stretch

I’m taking u up on that. my first two photoperiod plants both came up about 2 hours apart on July 1st. Both black apple Hitchcock from TH seeds. Going in 5gl bags with ocean forest. One in a 2x2 tent with sf 2000 and inline fan, and the other is going to let mother nature do her thing. Using advance nutrients pH perfect trio

8 Likes

So I made this just a tad smaller than my tents interior and added the eyes on the corners so that I could raise and lower it with these ratcheting hangers I use for my lights and stuff. Maybe you could do something similar?

6 Likes

THAT is a great idea! Wow! I hate using those half hooks on the uprights

How tight or loose did you tension the netting itself?

2 Likes

@VirginiaGrowBoy this net I hate because it’s super stretchy. I like this string type better. But other than a drying rack I haven’t used either to date.

11 Likes

Yeh, string might work better

First-time grower here, I thought o was growing autoflowers… bout 2 months into veg, I’m scratching my head thinking WTF! So, I go back online to look at order, Sure nough, I am a dumbass!
I ordered feminized photos a mix package, in which i will never use again… my purpose of buying a tent, was to grow autoflowers only…
I will say I have learned alot, have to definitely have patience …
Anywho, here are my Bruce Banner feminized photoperiods…let me know what y’all thinking… I love the criticism, give it to me!
NFSOT.

I did, however buy some autoflowers…
Big bang and Bubblegum

So these were put outside june 1, when I flipped the light schedule in the tent…

10 Likes

Things are looking good in here. I have a little big bang autos started also. Not quiet 2 weeks old yet. Autos are definitely easier to work with I think.

2 Likes