Auto growers : I challenge you to start growing photoperiod strains!

Look at like this. If you have seeds and a space you have nothing to loose.I’m starting earlier than last year to hopefully get 2 outdoor deck runs in. I don’t fuss after my outdoor girls, just the basics

1 Like

@GrannyFlats Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have you here and all of your experience!!! You definitely know what your doing! :grinning:

That’s my thoughts too. I’m cookingbsoil for the outside grow this week. Will drop seeds in 2 weeks and start hardening at 3 weeks and then out full time. I can easily have another round outdoors.

Yep thats exactly what happened to me did alittle trimming and a week later is in flower but the stretch made up for it

Plant on the top left is my first non-Auto. A Magic Melon 60% sativa photoperiod. Have got it in a large 10-gal bag…hope that’s not too big. Too late anyway…

7 Likes

@RockymountainHigh @beardless

5th node just emerging today.

I was thinking of fimming on Saturday. Too early or okay to proceed?

Yikes. Never fimmed and yes I’m a little hesitant.

Is it better to FIM the photo or the auto if you had a choice??

FIM the auto and top the photo??

5 Likes

I tried Fimming once. I messed it up, let grow out and topped it. Since I have not grown a fIMMED plant I am not familiar with it characteristics. I like to spread branches out so topping fits in better for me.

5 Likes

In my humble opinion, despite what autos have became or are becoming, outside grows were the original motivation to cross ruderalis. What I mean is they were made to beat the short grow seasons at extreme latitudes. Or places with bad fall rains. Otherwise all you got was veg, then dead at first frost before buds grew.

The perpetual tent grow or 24hour grown auto beast all came later as an afterthought. How ironic that’s where they seem most popular now, ha. At least in my humble opinion.

4 Likes

Interesting thought @noddykitty1 you’re kinda touching on my original thought, whether or expressed it well or not, growing autos inside you can have up to 24 hrs of light

2 Likes

Inside you can have up to 24 h4s of light, you can’t have that outside, so would they always grow more inside vs outside. I think we’re genetically engineering things to a point where they may do better inside v outside, even some common veggies. Maybe rambling too much, need coffee or sumpthin else…

1 Like

Here’s an update on what my photoperiod looks like now

1 Like

@VirginiaGrowBoy hey stoner did you forget to upload your pics lol?? :laughing::upside_down_face::rofl:

8 Likes

That must be some good stuff hahaha

3 Likes

I initially posted a picture with my personal information on the required plant ID label in full view. Rut roh!! :flushed:,:flushed::flushed::flushed:

So here it is with that little tidbit cropped out. :laughing:

11 Likes

You do that?

2 Likes

@KPC

It is actually required by law. Dumb law but I’ll comply since I feel blessed to be legally allowed to grow 4 plants at a time.

And I’m squeaky clean … haven’t even had a speeding ticket or moving violation in 23 years.:thinking:

6 Likes

I don’t tent, for now, so I’m very grateful for autos. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes

I like autos too!! … just trying to grow my first photo this time around

6 Likes

:+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well i know what it says lol. I’m in va too. I’m just not inviting anyone in to see if i have only 4 and have my name on it.

5 Likes