Auto growers : I challenge you to start growing photoperiod strains!

Thanks for the detailed response.

As my growing experience also continues to grow, I’ll be switching to photos soon, hopefully in the near future I’ll also be tackling the cloning/mother plant process.

6 Likes

5 oz per plant thats great, I’m on my first grow and using autos, I’d be happy to get 1-2 oz per plant. Whats your lighting?

4 Likes

That is a decent auto pull.

1 Like

These are nice size autos but I still agree in general with your op. Autos are subpar to photos as far as potency. The only time I find myself smoking autos is when the photo buds are done and gone. Like when I go to my stash auto flower is the last thing on my mind even though the bud is good

4 Likes

Wasn’t that hard. She started the same time as the three autos I planted & let her vege until they were harvested.

Expecting a harvest at the end of May or early June.

The photo didn’t seem any more difficult than the autos. Just different needs.

4 Likes

I have a 4x4 tent with a HLG 300, and a viparspec xs1500, pushing close to 400 watts. Hoping for a better yield on this run

6 Likes

@Kingkupa You are going to have a nice harvest. Beautiful girls you have. :+1:

3 Likes

@WormyUnicorn

For some reason I’m concerned that when I flip them to 12/12 to flower, since there is some delay before they actually flower, that I’ll have a light leak and eventually in the end they’ll outgrow my whole tent.

@Kingkupa

How high are your lights above your canopy in that photo?

Go to Walmart and get you some blackout curtains and drape over your tent… :wink::+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

That’s a good looking pic @Bluntsmoke

@RockymountainHigh, thanks for this thread… I might have posted a similar topic about living soil vs salts and suffered a similar smack down lol. :rofl:

I wouldn’t call growing autos a waste of time and they definitely are not all small. They stay small because of human error most times. Growing autos is more of a challenge then photos in my opinion. Things need to be dialed in and there is not a huge amount of veg window that needs to be taken full advantage of. Last grow 4 autos produced over 2lbs. This grow 6 are going to produce around 3lbs.

11 Likes

Mostly around 14-16 inches above canopy

1 Like

I’m a newbie and growing autos and def having disappointing yields to what I see others here have with their autos. I have some photo seeds I need to give a whirl soon.

2 Likes

@Fiz im growing LSD auto now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Look at her go! They really are the prettiest plants. Some do get a bit taller, but they are little gems.

This is Claudette, the current one. She is major chonky, but all of 15 inches tall. :wink:

9 Likes

The one I’m growing might outgrow my tent because I kept it in veg way too long.

I have some small light leaks on the zipper and some seems on my tent and it isn’t a problem.

If you are super worried, duct tape the leaks you find from the inside.

I have a skylight in the room with my tent. Sunrise is at 6:30am. Lights-on isn’t until 9:30am. I started seeing pre-flower within a week of flipping to 12-12.

The main thing I try never to do is flip the room lights on between 9:30pm & 9:30am. I’m not worried about low energy reflective light leaking through as much as high energy direct light leaking through.

This is about 3.5 weeks into flower.

I think of it as: no light is optimal condition. But full moon moonlight is 0.1 - 0.3 lux. So there is some suboptimal amount of light that is still in the acceptable range.

8 Likes

Hey man plant looks good, when say disappointing yields, have you tried any type of training. Only 2nd grow but I do LST and use fuzzy wires cheap from dollar, It gives you more bud sights instead of just one Giant cola. Something to think about, good luck happy growing

6 Likes

Thank you. I just started lst this grow . The lower branches are trained out but I didn’t top her or train down the top cola. Next grow I’m gonna try topping as well. This batch seemed a little stunted in veg so I didn’t do much to them. They are finally hitting a stride.

2 Likes