AUTO GROW gone bad newby trying forum 3d post

I am at 105 days with Girl Scout Cookies Auto S/b 55-63 days purchased from Garden of Green. I have a 24x48x80 grow tent with inline fan with carbon filter plus two small fans, heater and a humidifier that I am now keepoing btw 45 and 50% humidity and heat btw 74 and 78 degrees. I water 1x per day and fertilizer with Tiger Bloom Buds and Bloom every 3rd day. I give cal mag 1x per week and Big Bloom and molasses (1 tsp per gal Molasses) 1x every other week. I am using Foxfarm Bushdoctor coco loco in 3 gallon fabric pots. My light is a Spiderfarmer 2000. I always check for dryness by sticking my finger down into the soil and have tried a meter which showed dry.

I check Ph of water keep it at 6 -6.5 and check PH after mixing the fert.
This is my second grow first went really well but was an unknown seed given to me by a friend and it was not an auto.
Ho

pefully this post will be better. pics included

2 Likes

do you have the fox farms feeding schedule?

1 Like

How often are you watering?

according to the post, I may be wrong but once a day?

2 Likes

@BudzMS Sounds like a lot… I use ff… And water every few days… I check the weight of the potted plant…

4 Likes

I do the same as you.

1 Like

N NJ but I will look for it

P
Once a day after checking the soil by pushing my fiber into the soil and lifting the pot

Tiger bloom everyday? pH is probably super low. Flush real thoroughly and feed at 6.5ph

1 Like

He is using fox farms coco loco. Kind of a combination of coco and soil. It can be wetter than straight soil, but watering everyday like straight coco might not be necessary.

1 Like

My advice would be the next time you are going to water…don’t. Just wait the extra day and see how she responds. It’s tough, but learning to read your plants becomes vital to growing good plants, but that’s where I would start.

4 Likes

Also, this is an auto at 16 weeks? If you haven’t already, I’d flip to 12/12 and try to induce flowering if possible. I’ve read lots of journals where autos needed a little nudging to make that flip.

2 Likes

I am on

Still having rouble with typing in this forum somethimes it submits before I am ready??? Anyway I have been 18 hours on and 6 off so I will change the light schedule tto see if it is the issue.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is over watering as the plants are truly dry between daily watering. I have stuck my finger down into the soil (entire finger) and it is bone dry and the pot is light when lifted. I did notice that the roots are growing out of the bottom of the bag?

2 Likes

I do not use tiger bloom everyday but every third day and Cal mag once a week. I switch the third day for fertilizer between Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 to Big Bloom .05-.07. So they are getting fert every third day. Regular water PH 6.3-6.6. I use water at ambien temp that has sat in gallon jugs with no lid for several days to rid chlorine.

I check the PH of the fert solution and also 6.3-6.6 PH.

Welcome! First off, big bloom is a mild additive. You can use it more often, and mixed with tiger bloom. I always have mixed the two together when i feed. I also only use about 1/3 of recommened amounts. As for the cal-mag, I usually give 3-5 ml almost every water. I would only feed once a week as it will take a few days for the last feeding to be consumed. I do understand the dry feeling and wanting to water! Sometimes it is nessasary. But remember, they like a dry period in between.

Sounds like you’ve got everything straight the way I read it. Maybe try water twice a day! Yep- sounds crazy but with medium/loose media the water absorption isn’t 100%. Heard from a few places, the ratio is like 20/80.

I just use the same amount of water but split it up into am and pm watering….and I water plants super slow….

4 Likes

Not a lot to add - but wondering…
Do you water & feed enough to get good runoff? At least 10 - 15%
Then of course to you check the runoff’s ph & ppm?
Fox farms recommends regular flushing according to it schedules. Do you flush?
Do you use a riser and saucer to keep plant out of runoff

Agree with change to 12 hour.
Height of main is way our of balance with rest of plant. If it were mine, I would either, supercrop the main to decrease height differential or chop / top a foot off

3 Likes

What @beardless said plus can you take some close ups of the top cola and some of the other buds (if my eyes aren’t deceiving me) and post them. My she has a thick stalk. What size pot.
Also looks like she could use some Defoleation.
How much cal mag and does it contain iron.
Not sure but possible magnesium and /or nitrogen deficiency. I think i saw you don’t give big grow. For me with ff i give half ff schedule.

3 Likes