Auto flowers topping

Hey out there in the best forum! Dabbling with my forst autoflower. I read they dont like to be clipped. But, do i top it like at photo at the 3rd take off? Thanks in advance. Good luck and great grow to all.

4 Likes

Hy @stretchgfw.1957 i should wait until the 5 nodes

I’ve topped every one of my autos and I wait for the sixth takeoff (node) then cut it down between the 5th and 6th … I drew on this picture the other day to show someone else

10 Likes

I do 3rd node on photos. First try at autos. Ill go 5th node.
Thanks @Mefis

4 Likes

@OGIncognito tops and HST’s autos with extremely amazing results. He will hit you back I’m sure

3 Likes

Thats great, man. Thanks @Mefis

4 Likes

Appreciate the tag @Dman1969. Topping at which node depends on the technique for me personally and like @MeEasy ive topped back to the 5th. If I’m growing mixed Indicas and Sativas I’ll top the Sativas 1 node lower. If I’m planning a manifold taught to me by MeEasy I’ll go the the 4th-5th and back to the 3rd. I’ve had 2 that all I did was bend them over 90 degrees once the 6th node had grown a bit and actually was one of my biggest yields. For your 1st one go the 6th and back to the 5th, you’ll get some good growth until then and the stall if any will leave you enough time for LST and flower :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Happy growing :green_heart::christmas_tree:
anime-smoke

My preference is grow out 5 or 6 nodes. I then absolutely take node 1 off, usually the 2nd node growth tips two. The two from topping and two sets below that is easy to work with

2 Likes

Here’s my GG4 auto from here after being topped at the 3rd node. Go for it

2 Likes

Almost the same for me :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I let my Autos do what Mother Nature intends it to grow. You would think I trained them and I don’t.

This is an example one Auto I grew. I also only fed her for 1 week only. It was new FFOF soil and this is my 2nd full grow in it and I only fed this plant for 1 week only.

Last photo is a Photo Indica dominant. This is how she grew with me only popping leaves.

2 Likes

Ok. Here we go. Topped at node #5. Thanks to you all

1 Like

Ok. Looks like it is taking off. Not sure if its Blue Dream or Critical. Good ILGM seed germination again. Just started my photos for outside. Always get a jump on spring.

1 Like

So, like i said. Im new to autos. 1st one going here. What do i need to know about trmming?. I was told they dont like it. Got my photos germinating. Picture to follow. May start a new topic. Just to keep things straight. GOD BLESS @garrigan62

1 Like

I do my autos like the picture i posted :point_up_2: up there and then I just push n pull them a little to follow this drawing :point_down: I didn’t draw this but it was so close to my method and drawn better than I would have so I just added the red lines to it to show how mine are because I leave one more node then the original picture. So add one node to the drawing to the left as I did to the right and the picture above shows

2 Likes

Really cool. Thank you @MeEasy liking how it looks. Using this FOOP foliar spray. This plant is growing big as a direct result. Check it out, man.
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Update. My autoflower project hoing along nicely. Picture update.

2 Likes

As you described @MeEasy , i bought some of those plastic branch benders. Should arrive any day. This auto is really taking off. Gonna be real sun here soon. Clocks go ahead this weekend. Thanks again. Thinking this is Blue Dream. But, could be Criticl. Never grown Critical before. Happy grow!:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Are you going to re-pot her before LST ? Probably wanna do that a few days before you start LST. When you lower them it takes a great deal of ground space.

2 Likes