Auto flowering times

I am deep down south 6 hrs south of mexico city. been growing for 9 years. i am a canadian living down south. here we have harch claimate. tepmp throughout the year range fron 64f to 107F or for our Canadian friends its 18c to 42c with the average yearly temp being 31 c or 88f. I am an outdoor grower and need a little help from my fellower growers . I want to try auto seeds. and wounder if its possable to get 3 crops per year living here?. i dont understand the differances of auto times. ( i see there is a 10 week harvest )( Dawart Varieties ) and ( supper autos ) but its not easy as one would think growing here. its hot, and from augest to november its a huge rainny season which is the budding time for regular plants. living and growing i have learned to deal with the rain, mold, heat and water issues. ( it took a long time to do it ) and of course i use plants that grow good in the heat. in your opinion which auto plants would grow the best. here is what i want to try, 1- white widow 2- Lambs breath, 3-early miss 4- candy cane 5- Amnesing Haze. which ones will work best down south. and can i use pollen from regular palnts like lemon kush with a auto flower to benifite me? look forward to all your help.

Ok yes it is possible to get 3 harvest if your coldest temp is around 60 and you get no frost. Now with the heat you can get shade blankets or clear plastic for rain shield.
Auto flower times are around the same as photo period the difference is the veg period as an auto only vegges about 30 days then automatically start to flower no matter how many hours of sunshine they get (however there are quite a few times I have seem people have to flip to 12/12 to jumpstart the flower process.

1 Like

Thanks. which autos would work the best in Mexician heat? temp has nevr been below 64f .

I am wondering whether @TicoGringo is still lurking in the background. He has hands-on experience in that area

1 Like

Yes your lows are great growing weather. Your highs aren’t that bad people here in the states deal with these temps over 100 you just have to keep their roots cool and shade cloth in the worse of the days hear will help alot

JA<<JA <<<Ya buddy,I’'m still skulking around,

First altitude has a lot to do with growth…And I only know this from experience…I have tried White Widow autos and a couple of other types,EVERY THING , I planted did not make the effort worth it…

All the plants started slow,and stayed small…12 to 16 inches tall,I got one or two decent buds,Pushing the weight,guessing half or less of an ounce…

All of my local sativa and a couple of accidental hybreds ,culled to be females,and trimmed,attain heights of over 6 meters and over,( I use rerod to support them ),The only reason for this that I can figure out is the local plants are acclamated for untold centurys…The autos are just not ,nor can be acclimated…

I’m at the equator,and my tempts range from a low of 68,to highs of low eighties,Because of the altitude…(.My altitude is a little over 5000 feet)…I have very bright sun and moderate temps The local stuff grows like weeds,no pun intended…

My weights range from two pounds to seven pounds of trimmed bud…per plant…

I have harvested a couple of times more than once…But the strength was just not there,I do a lot of medical work…I need consistancy…

1 Like