Auto flower wedding cake

This is my first grow ever. I had issues with the water temp not being/staying cool enough in the beginning of the grow. Started with a humidifier and now using a dehumidifier to keep the humidity around 45°. The 5th plant i started a week later and it is much bigger than the rest. I am about 9 weeks into the grow. Several of the plants are still growing white pistols. Do the pistols stop growing completely before they are ready to harvest? I am guessing they need another week or two before i start harvesting? Can i partially harvest from plants that have colas ready and let the others grow a little longer? Any advice or help is appreciated. TY!

10 Likes

welcome to the community, looking good. This community are the best and will help you out.

3 Likes

@Debluvsmary welcomed to the community nice work

You first question is all about how you want you plant can be full cloudy thricomes or amber 70% of pro grow harvest went is 70% cloudy and 30% amber for all of that you need one microscope or Lupe to check the thricomes

Yes you can cut the cola first and move go dry and left the other to full mature

Pistils still growing because the light if you feed you plant or watering she will continued growing pistils

I had some wedding cake auto but I don’t drope until my sours diesels they mature

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!
Most of the pistols ~90% will stop but you will still find some on most plants. Watch as the Calyx will swell and fill with magic cannabis sauce. What you want to check is the smaller structures called “Trichomes” which are all over your plants.

They will all start out Clear gradually change to Milky then turn Amber. This happens gradually so if you want a more Stoney head buzz wait for Trichomes to turn mostly 90% Amber. If you want a more energetic body buzz 10% Amber.
Watch your Trichomes Partial harvesting is permitted.
Read this harvest guide for a better understanding.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community looking good ! Pistols Will turn Amber and recede back into the bud. although some strains will throw a few white pistol’s right up to the end. Overall look of your plants they still have a few weeks to go. Harvest when the crystals color is at your preference. I shoot for cloudy an about 10% Amber. And yes you can take the large colas on top and leave the plant A little more time if you choose . Hope that helps good luck. :v::+1:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Debluvsmary .
Congrats, that is gonna be a nice harvest for sure. Nice looking buds!
@LateNightGardner and @kellydans said it all. You probably have a few weeks left. Wait for most of the white hairs to have darkened, then start looking at the trichomes on the buds.

This is using a cheap hand held 30x loupe clipped onto a smart phone.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Your plants look good. How did you like running hydro?

@LateNightGardner thats a nice frosty bud you have there. Nice work!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. :+1:

2 Likes

Considering I’ve killed houseplants before, i think the hydro is great. I thought it would be the best choice for my basement too. The first water chiller i got was not big enough to keep the water temperature cool. I was buying 5 lb bags of ice twice a day to keep it somewhere in the lower 70, till the bigger chiller came. That has been my only real big issue so far. I got a microscope for my phone, but i cant seem to find the right distance to hold it. I can see the trichomes when i zoom in on my phone, but not the colors. Definitely excited for this journey. Appreciate you and the community here.

3 Likes

Jewels loop with more than 60x magnification so you can glass them close up !

1 Like

Anyone know how to start a new topic? For the life of me can’t work it out

This is for phone, not sure on computer.

2 Likes

thanks - I surfed the forum for a bit and was then given the option to post. Must be some sort of protection against bots/fake accounts

Thank you, @BudzMS!

1 Like

Thanks, @Mefis for the compliment. Sour Diesel is a strain i want to grow, as well!

1 Like

TY, @LateNightGardner! I really appreciate the video. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for your imput @kellydans!

1 Like

Thank You @HMGRWN! I’ve been reading on this forum, google, etc. to try to educate myself. I am so excited to see the finished buds and see how much the dried weight will be.

1 Like