Auto flower Plants

I have been growing auto flower Plants over two yrs. now and I get strong quality bud at harvset but through my drying process I always lose smell of buds when drying which i cut and hang also Its seem that every plant i have grown in the two year period has absolutely no taste im wondering if anyone can give me some insight to help trouble shoot

3 Likes

I dry slow. Over around 2 weeks. I get great quality pot but also have the problem of it not smelling right. Last lot ended up smelling like hay but my golly gosh it had a great stone. Hope to see this answered so i may also have fruity smelling smoko

Well im new to indoor growing . Butbive grown outdoors for years. I take about a month to 5 weeks to cure. I hang plant for like 8 to eleven days. Then i trim it up. And mason jar it all up. And keep in a dark place place and burp for almost a month around third week smell starts to kick in. When you can start to smell it its closer to being cured.

3 Likes

Curing takes at least 1 month if not longer (depends on strain). One thing that might help is that once dry and in jars - use Boveda packs (62%) RH this will help in the curing process. I have experienced that also. One thing is to use additives that will promote the development of essential oils and terpens and, tepenoids development which are the reason plants smell

5 Likes

Add Cha-Ching or Terpinator , Big Bud , Bud Candy , which help your resin trichomes produce more oils in the Chlorophyll in the plant .

2 Likes

Terp. Is with i what go with. Or some humboldt sweetener.

1 Like

Yeah terpenator is good stuff , gives you that stanly dank .

1 Like

Great answers. Thamks. Can u run the turpenator in dwc. I just use a dutch master gold grow and flower one part. But have also got the dutch master pot ash this time round.
Does potash help in this way.

Have found a site that sells "tepinator for $19.00 a quart - cheapest I found sure beats $69.00 to over $100.00 >also look at Bud Blood for early and later flower use and in middle flower use Big Bud and B-52

2 Likes

Steve I need the link on that terpinator .

1 Like

Yea I’d love to have the link as well! :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

1 Like

Me also. Link plz:slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

No link yet?

I agree about the curing. Getting impatient, I usually start smoking my harvest before being fully cured. You candefinitely tell the difference between a proper cure or not.

2 Likes

Hey yoshi
I’m not getting that great aroma from my girls this grow.Last grow I had to take them outside due to that wonderful smell.Im growing the same strain with the same nuts.Only thing I changed was to add cha-Ching and Humbolts plant enzymes. What do you think may have happened to my terpene production.
I’m growing autos and they look real healthy.
P.S. I don’t know how to do a support ticket due to lack of knowledge.I have read a lot of your post on this topic and would appreciate any and all feedback on this issue.
I’m in week 8 and the bud and tricks appear to be coming along same as last grow

That’s what’s missing , the Cha Ching help resin production to give your plants more resin and oils to get that strong signature smell , that loud gas I called it , super unleaded lol but I think that’s what’s missing , but you just in week 8 add it to your next feeding they will catch up you have time .

Thanks for the reply I’ll keep my fingers crossed .

is relatively new “Kelp4Less” sorry about the delay in answering