Auto Flower not flowering

So after nine weeks one would think the Pineapple auto would have flowered? Well it hasn’t happened so I tried the two days of darkness and will now introduce the 12/12 cycle. My question after bringing them from the dark, all the flower locations have yellowed a bit? Would the yellowing be expected and will this correct itself. Thanks folks

Welcome to the site!

Are you sure it’s an auto and not a photo? I’ve made this mistake a few times myself! You should start to see see some flowering action once the 12/12 cycle kicks in, proving it’s likely a photo.

Yes they were purchased and received in an auto flowering vial clearly marked pineapple. If it were a genetic issue I wouldn’t know how to deal with that, like is the plant a loss or just let it continue skyward

1 Like

That doesn’t mean that there couldn’t have been a mix up when packing seeds, also depending on the breeder you could be dealing with a recessive genetic from the non ruderalis parent. It’s like when you have kids. Sometimes your kids look more like your dad then they do you.
Welcome to the community. Try flipping to a 12/12 light cycle.
As for the yellowing….
Please fill out this support ticket and snap some pics of the issue.
Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

What’s you light I’ve heard if it’s to high blue spectrum then some strains hold off on going into flower far longer then normal

Yellowing or light green? During flower stretch that’s normal. It’s growing so quick there’s no chlorophyll in the new growth yet. So it’s lime green/yellowish. When you check back later that growth will be dark and the new growth lime green. Till she slows down.

The good news. She’ll be budding soon.

1 Like