Auto Flower mix pack. Trouble with Northern Lights seeds?

@registereduser… good to know, cause I’ve had a lot of seeds lately that did not germinate and had a hard time surviving if they did, hopefully these 3 girls are good to me after all the extra work! I’ll see what happens with the other strains I purchased, I have a lot… :seedling::+1:

1 Like

@registereduser I filled out the contact support sheet. Got a copy of it the next day with no changes or offers. Sent another asking if they were working on it and next day got a copy of that with no changes or offers. So I’m not sure if they are replacing my seeds or not.

1 Like

The’ll get back to you. It takes a little time sometimes. They sent me an email with a few questions about what methods I used for germination. They said I could replace the seeds that didn’t sprout or take a credit for 10 free seeds with a purchase. The credit is a dollar amount that you can use with a purchase so I purchased a ten pack and used the credit for a buy ten get ten free deal and got thirty seeds.

1 Like

She’s a beauty!

1 Like

Found this little guy in my Northern Lights plant that has never been Outdoors.

1 Like

So I guess here now is my question of the week to the more experienced Growers. Is it possible that purchased seeds can be too young to germinate properly? The reason I am asking is because instead of waiting until my blueberries were done, I figured I would Stark my to last Northern Lights seeds now and not wait for the other plants to finish. They will be chopped soon enough anyways.

Anyhow I did the tried-and-true paper towel method of germination on my last two Northern Lights seeds and within 36 hours both popped tails. Within 48 hours they were both in dirt. Within three days they were both above dirt. The only difference between the first three seeds and the last two was the age. The last two seeds sat in the refrigerator for 4 months before I sprouted them, and I was just curious if it’s possible the seeds were to Fresh to germinate properly.

@Eppie02 @registereduser @Southerngal @Not2SureYet @bonnie1 @Myfriendis410 @Hellraiser @repins12 @Enlightened420 @Bow4Buck

3 Likes

My GAWD this place makes my brain hurt LOL. I assure you in not educated enough to answer this but will give it this thought. I any plant is left alone to do its thing in the wild, when it puts down seed at the end of it’s life cycle, those seeds dont germinate right away. They go into the seed bank for the following season, correct? If this is the case those seeds lay dormant over winter (refrigerated 4 months) then sprout the following spring. IMHO it is possible for them to be to immature. That’s just a guess…

3 Likes

This is exactly what I am thinking but I have NEVER purchased seeds before and of course bag seeds always sit around for a while before being used, (at least in my case).

2 Likes

Then again i guess you have to take into account, how old were the seed when you recieved them. That could just punch alot of holes in my first theory and could all just come down to genetics.

1 Like

I have a feeling that places like ILGM burn through a lot of seeds especially in the spring when I purchased mine. To keep up with demand they must have to push seed production as fast as possible.

3 Likes

Appreciate the tag. I’m not really sure?? I’ll be paying attention as I know somebody here has the answer.

@fast-grow - you might just have something there… I just dropped 2 AH autos that were a mix of all my AH from last 6 months or more, but all from the same company. I use the water method, dropped them in, got 2 nice tails in 2 days, planted them & have a sprout on one 2 days later, just waiting for the other one hopefully by morning. Nothing like the trouble I had with the new seeds. So hopefully all my new seeds will eventually be old enough to plant without problems :joy: I’m gonna drop another seed, still deciding which to try next Bubba Kush auto or Sour Diesel auto, decisions, decisions :joy::seedling::+1:

1 Like

You have to take into consideration. Not all seeds are going to germ. Just nature there. I have seeds are are more than 3 years old and still popping every time I plant one. I have one I just started that is probably closer to3 or 4 years old. I often get seeds and drop them right away that don’t crack. As long as most of what I order are good. I am ok with that. Realistically. One seed can pay for the whole pack when you think about what you would pay on the street. Just my 02 :grin:

I don’t disagree at all, and in fact that I have three out of five of the Northern Lights seeds that are growing, I have no intention of even contacting ilgm anymore. I just found a kind of weird that the first three seeds2 didn’t germinate, one was extremely slow and four months later the two that were left over happen if the best seeds in the batch? I just think they may have been too young to germinate…

@Not2SureYet @fast-grow - I totally agree. I’ve lost many seeds that didn’t crack but because the majority do, I don’t pay too close attention to that. I still have seeds from when I first started growing :joy: I never throw any away plus free ones never used. My one AH popped but the other one must’ve been little too far down in soil, the seed had green leaves inside of it but never sprouted so I dropped another AH and Bubba Kush autos and starting another grow. Gotta get back to my perpetual grow! I like having an abundance and usually make sure I always have little ones waiting. This last time threw me off but because I had a good stash I was ok. My CP that had no trichs is really huge now. She has some but not all over the leaves like I usually experience. Still waiting to dry & try.

1 Like

If you start using the rapid rooters. You can always open them and see just what the tap root is doing in side. I did this finally. I am not sure if i shared it with you :pensive: My brain has been pretty off latelty

Thanks for the info. I’ll check into rapid rooters next time I get soil, which is real soon. Maybe you need more dark green vegetables for your brain function & sleep… There are foods for that, believe me I know, I make sure my husband eats plenty, and he’s more alert during the day & sleeps better at night. Stay safe, the Corona is on the run again!! :seedling::seedling::grimacing:

2 Likes

Time for a update on my growing situation, got bad news and I got good news. The bad news is I had to harvest both of my blueberry plants early because of Bud rot. We’ve had two straight weeks of 70% humidity, and 90-plus Degree Days and a forecast of no relief in sight. So once I started to see Bud rot on the blueberry flowers, I decided to pull them early.

The other bad news is that my Northern Lights that I started, one of them the leaves got eaten off by a little parasite. It is still alive but it does not look good. It’s a stick with a little bit of green on top.

The good news is that my Northern Lights Autoflower that this thread was based on looks beautiful. It has extremely dense flowering, an incredible smell, and looks like it’s going to produce a couple ounces of flower.

The other good news is that I’ve tried my hand at cloning with success. I have a strawberry photo, and a gold leaf photo, rooting & growing in Solo cups and they are doing excellent. Also my outdoor Amnesia Haze appears to be completely immune to Bud rot. I will have to check out at because we had a major thunderstorm blow through again last night and probably beat it up a little bit more but so far the plant is doing awesome

Here’s a picture of my little Northern Lights plant that could.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to do an update, but have not been able to post pictures for about a week. Not the website, but my phone has been giving me issues. I think I’ve finally got it figured out, and want to do an update on my cloning experiment.

First picture is of my gold leaf cutting, after it has taken root in the Solo Cup.

this picture shows the roots growing through the peat pot that I used to start the plant in.

this last picture shows the gold leaf plant and its permanent home.

I will post more updates as time permits. I have another clone started, and I will update on its progress in the near future.

1 Like

It looks great. I just put 4 of my 3 week old clones in a final pot and they didn’t have roots as nice as yours yet

1 Like