Auto Flower mix pack. Trouble with Northern Lights seeds?

Hello all, First thread here and have been reading a ton!! My main concern right now is I purchased the Auto Flower mixpack with Am. Haze, Blueberry, and Northern Lights. Both the Am.Haze and Blueberry seeds sprouted and took of great. Plants are growing strong and look healthy, Two of each. The Northern lights on the other hand are not cooperating. One seed sprouted a very small white tail, barely showing itself and never went any further. Seed number two soaked for 36 hrs and went into damp paper towel, same as all the others, but took almost 2weeks to sprout a tail and when planted took another week to pop out of the Black Gold seed starter mix. My other plants are all 5 to7 inches tall with several nodes and the Northern lights is less than 1 inch tall and looks like a 1-2 day old seedling.
Has anyone else dealt with this in a strain.
Should I cull this plant or just see if it will ever do anything. These will be transplanted outdoors eventually but for now I treat them as an indoor grow. I am new to forum but not new to growing…

4 Likes

I had the same pack, only 1 blueberry and 1 amnesia didn’t sprout for me. Good luck

2 Likes

We’ve kind of gotten away from proper germination technique with these expensive seeds: ideally you would start 5 or 6 and pick the most vigorous but at $20/seed that ain’t happening.

Remember that those feminized seeds will have a few ‘clinkers’ in there just because it’s a living thing and hard to control 100%.

3 Likes

This is a picture of my stunted Northern Lights. It’s about 10 to 12 days old right now and it has not grown any since it popped up. One of my questions is should I just let him go or cull him and start another plant.

3 Likes

This plant was started at the same time. As in I dropped the seeds in
water on the same day

2 Likes

That’s your call, but be aware a LOT of people are fighting slow germination and growth. Probably the Coronavirus lol.

I’ve got two sprouts in basically the same state and going to abandon in favor of a few Sour Diesel clones @Not2SureYet has for me.

2 Likes

I’m an outdoor grower and I was planning on putting everything outside when the weather broke, maybe I’ll just keep the little guy inside as a houseplant.

3 Likes

The little one looks healthy. I would just be stingy with the water and don’t feed it till it is grown reasonable. Mine are hit and miss to right now. I have some stretching. And others small. my last grow started terrible. Plants took for every to get going. in the end. They finished full sized. Yours looks good. just small. my guess would be to much water right now. It is super east to do

2 Likes

An update on the little girl that just didn’t seem to want to grow, all of a sudden she decided to take off. She is not the size of the other plants that started at the same time, but she did finally shoot up.

I know I won’t get much out of it and it could probably use transplanting into a larger pot for what it is in right now but I’m going to leave it going and see what I get.

2 Likes

I bought the auto mix pack and have not been able to get any of the Blueberry to germinate. Tried three times. I started a Northern Lights and a Low Rider on 5/14 both sprouted today. ILGM gave me a coupon for 10 free seeds with a purchase so can’t complain. ILGM has been excellent to do business with. In my mix pack they sent Low Rider instead of Northern Lights I contacted them and they sent me 5 Northern Lights seeds no questions asked.

3 Likes

It’s funny how it was my Northern Lights that would not sprout, so far two of the seeds would not Sprout, one took forever and is in the picture above, there are 2 NL seeds I have not tried yet out of the mix pack. My blueberry sprouted excellent, I dropped one and it came right away and I started another one after I could not get the Northern Lights to take off and that one is doing great. I still have not contacted ilgm about the Northern Lights seeds not sprouting, but I’m really not too worried about it being so far only two seeds out of 35 that I have bought. Unfortunately it will be quite a while before I get a chance to start the other two Northern Lights seeds to even see if they’re any good.

2 Likes

The little Northern Lights Autoflower that would not take off, decided to have a growth spurt before it started to flower. It’s stretchy and thin, and it’s in way too small of a pot now, which I’m going to leave it in, but I might actually get something off it after all. I also want to see if I can upload a picture or if I’m having problems like other people on The Forum

3 Likes

She looks really healthy!

1 Like

Looks like you started just a few weeks before me! Are yours indoor or outdoor? Send a pic through of the blueberrys you have planted if you get the chance!

Mine is my first grow but all the bottom leaves ended up yellowing as well so I trimmed them off in the beginning of flower. I’m glad I found your page!

1 Like

I had the same issue with my Blueberry. 0 for 3 tries.

1 Like

@Eppie02 @registereduser @Southerngal @Not2SureYet @bonnie1 @Myfriendis410
I find it funny that people have had problems with different strains of seeds out of the mix packs. I’m one for three on the Northern Lights and as soon as my blueberries are done I plan on sprouting the other two or at least trying and then contacting ilgm and letting them know my failure rate. The northern lights that did make it was extremely slow to grow but it looks like I’m actually going to get something nice out of it. Has a beautiful main Cola coming along and it smells incredibly delicious.

5 Likes

ILGM is very good about making good on non germinates. I contacted them about my Blueberry autos and they gave me enough credit to get enough seeds to last a long time.

Hello sorry to barge in but, I was wondering how you got replacement seeds. Did they tell you seeds were coming before hand or did they just come? Thanks

@fast-grow - she’s a beauty! Very nice… yes I agree, and I too have a few good looking girls after all the extra time & trouble. I’m going to start another very soon to make sure it doesn’t take an extra 3 wks to get growing. I’m happy and thanks for all your help. I will use the black gold this time. Thanks & stay safe!

1 Like

They have a germination guarantee policy. I contacted customer service and explained that three of five seeds had not germinated. They gave me the option of three new seeds or credit towards another purchase. I took the credit. They allow you to use your credit even on specials. Got thirty seeds for $79. If they offer a credit and you can buy more seeds take the credit.
ILGM is awesome on their guarantee policy.