Auto flower in auto pots 2 up

I use Autopot’s and have been very well served. I am going to do some auto -flowers. The pots are 6 gallon. What do you think about doing 2 per pot? Previously when I doubled up photo plants I got no greater yield than one plant per 6 gallon pot. Will I benefit going 2 up as these plants are smaller and seem to require less coco? I am thinking “ Do si do” in coco with DaKine 420 nutrients. A 4x4 tent with 1000 watt

3 Likes

Pondering that question keeps me awake nights. I am now leaning towards, fewer plants allowed more space, for the more lights plan. Admittedly, my goal is better flower buds, not height. I love LST and pipe cleaners for plant bondage opportunities. Still in soil, for vegs and flowers. Starting cycle of cloning, soon.
Let me know what works for you. Merry Christmas and good growing to you.

My reveged lady. Flowers from top, harvested. Flowers on bottom left for re-veg exercise.
Thread documenting process/progress RE-Veging for continous grow. Flipped to 18/6 and now back to 12/12. Stretched single flower/leaf/node on top four inches. Awaiting re-flowering.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas to you and yours

1 Like

The last round of autos i did i had 2 in a 3 gallon fabric pot for shits and giggs ill in all honesty probably run 2 autos per pot from here on out impo autos just dont get big enough for all that room to themselves lol mind you this was also with organics and soil not hydro/coco plants grown in coco grow fast and big id say try it youl never know unless you try lol

2 Likes

maybe the 2.2 gallon easy2grow pots would be a better alternative.

1 Like

I Appreciate your input I’m gonna give it a shot what the hell I can’t dance

1 Like

I’m sure glad you suggested that I looked into the Autopot site and they have a divider that makes four separate compartments out of each Autopot. I think I’ll make a plastic divider for two out of each Autopot. I have a nine up system and that’s just always been way too crowded for photo plants. I generally only use five containers I will continue with that and just put a divider in each one. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of the Divider before I guess I’m just old thanks again for your help I’m going to give it a shot with some do si do auto flower

If you go to the Autopot side you’ll see this new four-way divider that they have developed you’d have to adapt it to use the bubbler I’m going to make a single divider for my pots but it’s a good idea

1 Like

I wouldn’t suggest 2 in the same pot. They’ll be fine during early veg but after that space will become an issue with training and plant maintenance. Why not 1 each in a 3 gallon pot? I run auto pots and the older set I have is 2.5 gallon and the newer set is 3.8 gallons and I run 3 gallon for both :love_you_gesture:

Glad you saw them. I wanted to add that option to my post.

Seems like a lot of competition for space and nutes in the root zone, imho you’d be better suited maximizing the containers yield by sticking with 1 per but that’s just my opinion. Good luck!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t use a divider unless it was a big pot but thats just me lol i enjoy trying new thing with these plants ya never know unless you try lol

1 Like

after giving this a good bit of thought, rather than dividing 3, 6 gallon containers as I have a nine up system and I am only using five currently I decided I’m going to use all nine containers and just fill them half full. I think that will help with the light falling evenly and not cheating other neighbor plants

1 Like

So how do the auto pots work? I mean how’s it work for you with you regiment ? I’m thinking about buys some of the auto pots from ac inf. Would like to know what you really think about them for your 3 gals. I want to use 5 but I think I would have to add an extra rope feed. Not sure about that though

it is an excellent system. I am thoroughly happy with all aspects of them with the exception of flushing. If you feel that is necessary, I don’t. I have a nine up system and for one of the systems and they work great as long as you’re using a fertilizer like DEKINe 420 where are you? Don’t have a bunch of hogging from buildup in your lines. Autopot has taken a fantastic amount of work off my shoulders. Anybody that tells you it’s just thrown seats in the dirt and no work has not done a good job alone if you go to Autopotusa.com. they will give you all the information you could possibly need to make a hard job easier.

1 Like

Yeah I read a bunch of reviews but I’m on the fence. I check my girls everyday at least once just to make sure humidity is right. But after I water for a few days it gets high likenin the 70. I’m trying to regulate without a aftermarket. So I usually do like 6-8, so if they work like people are saying. Well shoot. I mean I did a wick system without the pot just elevated the plant with a bucket of water under the wick was in the pot like half. No fabric pots though

I would suggest just doing the plastic pots and don’t try to make it too complicated