Auto flower hydroponic seedlings yellow tips

I have a serious question that I need help with about my 9 week old seedlings. I started out giving my seedlings a 1/4 teaspoon of general hydroponic flora micro and a 1/4 teaspoon of flora gro up until 2 days a go when I switched to straight RO water with a ph of 5.8 and my water temperature @ 71 degrees F.I asked on a forum on this site 2 days ago about whether to give the seedlings nutes and everyone agreed no so I changed it. The problem is today I’ve noticed that my seedling are starting to get yellow tips. Could anyone give me advice on what could be happening here??what could I possibly be doing wrong?

1 Like

It could be the switch to straight ro water. Tap water has minerals that plants need… maybe switch it up to 1/2 ro 1/2 tap or spring water… a pic would probably help a bunch

2 Likes

3 Likes

I really don’t see anything alarming at this point…

1 Like

In hydro ya gotta feed them something… with my nute line I feed full strength beginning to end

I would be feeding at an EC of 1.0 and 5.7 PH. What’s the temps and RH inside your grow space :love_you_gesture:

How far above the water line is your net cup :love_you_gesture:

My grow space RH is around @68 and temp around 74 degrees. My net pot is touching the water.

1 Like

These fellas got you covered

1 Like

I would raise that cup about an 1” above the water line and for seedlings a temp of 78-80 works. Tagging some hydro gurus if I misspoke on any of this @HappyHydroGrower @CooterJuice @Pet_de_Chien

2 Likes

Agree :100: with @OGIncognito water about 1" below net pot and set your rez at 1.0ec 5.8ph. Is what i do when i start them off

3 Likes

Thanks brother. I agree with OG and Cooter. Your water level is too high. Your drowning your plants. They need an air gap between the netpot and the water level.

Also, seedlings like that are easy to over water if your growing in dirt. Same concept for hydro. Depending on how you start your seeds, you have to go easy on the watering until they get established.

Another thing is rh right near the plant, you still need to keep the humidity levels up in early seedling stage. Even though they are in water, they can still have a low rh near the plant.

Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower @CooterJuice appreciate ya Brothers :love_you_gesture:

1 Like