Auto flower help for beginners

I wanted to know with the auto flower when you should change your lighting times how do you know the autoflowers are ready to flower

Autoflowers typically flower on their own, but some need a push to initiate flowering. Preflowers are the indicator that it’s mature enough to flower. 12/12 will work as long as you meet DLI. (Daily light intervals)

1 Like

This is what my White widow looks like right now not sure if I should start flowering

1 Like

You don’t get to pick when autos flower is what covert was saying. They flower on their own regardless of the light schedule.

They look nice, tough to tell color. Got any pictures in natural light?

Is that better I’m thinking of waiting for a week to change lighting times I just started hitting them with co2 what do you think I’m new to growing

3 Likes

The plant in the bottom pic has started to flower, and the top one is close behind. a lot of auto growers use a 18/6 light schedule.

2 Likes

Right now I’m doing a 17/7 lighting I’m going to switch to 12/12 for flowering is that right

You don’t need to change the light schedule. Autoflower will (like yours are) flower when they want to.

Looks nice

1 Like

Lou12, welcome to the community and to the forum, plants look good, And healthy. Now that they’re turning into flowering stage switch the light to 18/6 12/12. Looks the auto’s are taking off. Good luck on your grow

Old school thanks for info I really appreciate your help I’m going to change my lighting schedule to 12 hours on 12 hours off I’ve heard that that’s the timing for flowering I’ve heard that they need a little more dog time so they can recoup I’m also adding CO2 now again thank you for all your help and I really like this community forum

1 Like

Hey @Lou12 , welcome to the forum
Adding CO2 is pointless unless you have an airtight grow room and LOTS of extra light.
Plants are looking very nice btw

2 Likes

I grow autos and first 2 weeks is 24 on, 18/6 through the rest of the grow :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

OGIncognito, lol that’s old-school to get that jump. Good stuff.

1 Like

Hey spiney_norman
Thanks I did a couple of grows back when I was just a kid probably 22 and when I did I never did the 18-6 I always cut their lifetime to 12/12 but I’m going to try with everybody saying about leaving it on 18-6

1 Like

Through veg on autos and flip 12/12 on photos when your happy with filling out the canopy under a scrog net unless your just growing 1 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

You got it Bro, get those roots growing wide and deep as soon as I can :love_you_gesture:

1 Like