Auto Flower clone?

If I use a Autoflower as mother plant will my clones be Autoflower or not

1 Like

Yes it will.

1 Like

But they will likely yield very little as they’ll flower at the same time as the mother plant and have growth stunted by the trauma of cloning.

3 Likes

Sorry to bust your bubble but it’s not worth the time. Try it for an experiment but don’t expect much except your own education on growing.

3 Likes

IF you are successful, you will wind up with a few little bitty plants instead of one big(er) plant. You can’t control the veg time so no chance of perpetual cuttings. My autos usually start to flower before they are big enough to even think about taking cuttings.

1 Like

Agreed. I have a Zkittlez finishing up in the next couple days… she started to flower at 23 days. All the seeds from her batch have been the same. I’ll most likely plant the rest outside and probably not even LST them. I’ll just give them decent amount of dirt, let them see the sun… and off to the races.

1 Like

It will be autoflower but it is not worth it to try and clone autos as they keep a set schedule as the mother plant does. If mama is flowering so will the clone. They dont get veg time like a photo plant does. U can try and might be successful but i highly doubt it as ive tried to clone one auto branch and it went to hell.

What happens to an Auto if I keep growing it after you remove just the buds?

It will slow leaf production to nearly none during flower. It will “consume” the nutrients in the remaining leaves, they will yellow and fall off. The plant will die after it makes flowers and matures. You cannot Re-veg an auto or extend it’s genetic lifespan.

Oh that explains why all the leafs on bottom of my auto are turning yellow. Can u not feed more or is there anything u can do to prevent the leaves from yellowing? As I understand, the leaves make the sugars n the buds grow from them. There’s barely any leaves on an auto. See mine below. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Nothing can be done to extend their lifespan. They are specially bred to act this way. It is the gene from the cannabis ruderalis family that determines when it flowers not the light schedule.

You have to get regular feminized photo period plants if you want to have a mother for clones. You can make them produce just about as fast as an auto anyways.

1 Like

Complete waste of time and energy …
Up to you… :+1::green_heart:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I understand all that HMGRWN, I was just asking about yellowing of leaves. Ie , If there is a way to stop them from yellowing, more sugars made, bigger buds.

You might be right peachfuzz, but grow more for fun than yeild as I can only flower so many plants at once do to laws​:-1:t2: :roll_eyes:. I have some photos that will flower way later n yeild more though

1 Like

I get it. That is an interesting train of thought you have going. Bottom line is autos have a genetic timer and there is no getting around that. It is a normal cannabis cycle ie: Veg, Flower, Consume stored nutrients (yellowing leaves), Make seed for next generation (which most of us try like hell to deny them that). It is just sped up and pre-programmed genetically.

Same situation. The reason I don’t play with photos for bigger yields is I am scared shitless of power outages. T’storms are a part of life here. :cloud_with_lightning: :zap: :tornado:

1 Like

Having one now…will see if lights go out for any length of time…