Auto flower 2 weeks old drooping

Hi everyone,
I can’t figure it out, but my auto flowering Northern Lights seedling is about 3 weeks old with 3-4 levels of new leaves sprouting out is drooping. It is one out of 6 that are growing that displays this. The other ones are happy with lifted leaves and strong stems…The soil medium is peat moss in the bottom of pots inter mixed with super soil…Some may have been less mixed then others with the super soil, depending on my back being in pain and hurrying up…But they all seem to be happy and growing vibrantly.
They all live in a green house with full sun in Stockton, California…I have fans that come on late in the afternoon when it gets a little warm in there to cool them off. I also have the side vents opened near them.
They get plenty of water and I just fed them fish emulsion…a week ago…Not too much too…
The stem on this one plant is having a problem though of not enough support. It is a wobbly if you wiggle the pot the plant bobbles back and forth to where it almost hits the sides of the pot. The others are very sturdy and strong…
There are no bugs or signs of aphids or mites…
I will be watching them closely as last year I had infestation of my big baby and it took a long time to overcome them…
I sprayed the entire green house before even starting these babies with Azamax on th ground and platforms and green house walls and ceiling to make sure the grow area was taken care of…
I want to know since this is a hybrid if it has sensitivities I am not aware of. I would like to grow more if all goes well…
I took a couple of pics attached…
Thanks…

If you’re wondering what the white stuff is on board…It is salt to keep snails from coming near the babies. The plants are in no danger of getting these salts in their pots…The pots have those removable drain pans on them at the bottom…I used to have problems with snails in my green house…
After some time I will be transplanting them to larger pots to completion…
How long should they grow before transplanting them to ensure no disturbance in their cycle?

Also the white stuff smeared in the edge of pots was where I put snail bait in the tops of pots as a precaution before I put down salt to protect the plants from snails. But the snail bait started molding…So I scooped it all out including the top soil that it laid on…revealing the clean soil below. That is what the smears are from the snail bait when it was wet and mushy was difficult to scoop out…I do not know if that is one reason why the plant is wilty because of the iron phosphates in the snail bait or not. But as I said I removed it all except the smears.
I will put more top soil in after I type this to help support the stems while it is young like this…Maybe that is why it is wilty.?

Any ideas? That is all the facts…like in Dragnet…Lol…
Thanks

There’s a possibility that it could be over-watered

Thanks, I’ll leave it alone and put in my water meter in it…To see when it is really dry…

Something you might want to think about is weighing the pots by picking them up and get used to the weight that they are when needing water and full of water. After a couple of grows using this system, I just pick up my pots and can pretty much tell how much water they need. With water weighing 8+ lbs a gallon, it is pretty easy to tell when they are getting low on water. Just a suggestion. I have never had problems with watering since I started using that system. Hope that helps.

Good luck on your grow. Jerry

1 Like

Just a suggestion too, you might want to brace those up with some supports, and/or put more dirt in there.

1 Like

@TxGrowman bang on dude… easiest way to tell if they are hungry is just to feel pot weight… but yeah they seem over watered to me…

Thanks, I put them all in the ground to help with the saturation and made the soil plenty aeriated with lava rock and peat moss…It looks much better, I will keep my eye on them closely now…

Thanks but I planted them in the ground to help with the saturation content and put a water meter in the garden with them…There are 7 babies and I think this will help, especially as aeriated the soil is too!

They are looking good, stems a little stretchy - how far away are your lights?

edit - ah just read they are in natural light.

You may also want to consider adding more soil to give those stems some support.

At the seedling stage, I mist 2-3 times a day (soil surface) instead of watering.

This is the result of what I did …I planted them in the ground in green house outdoors…
I will put more soil around their stems later this evening…But already they are happier, I can tell.
You all are right, when I took them out of the pots, the bottom soil where roots are was totally too wet!
Not anymore, the surrounding soil will take that moisture away immediately…
They will grow happy here…I sprayed them also with Azamax to keep ahead of any mites…
Last year it was terrible…Not this time you lil buggers!!!

1 Like

oh yeah for sure they look better. I don’t know about outdoor, but usually on an indoor plant you need a 2’ by 2’ space to grow 1 plant in. eventually you might need to train those to grow away from each other.

Thanks, they are the auto flower ones and only grow to about 3-4’ tall. So I don’t anticipate them getting real fat, BUT if they do, Yes, I will train them to grow out in the green house rather than crowd each other out…