Basementstealth grow journal

theres no sign of nute burn

If you have that same blue one I have even calibrated it was way off. It showed perfect in the calibration solution take ten steps to my reservoir and it showed the same ph no matter how many times I adjusted my reservoir. I finally did a liquid test and showed 2 points different than meter. I bought the Apera it has been dead on correct every time now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01ENFOHN8?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

2 Likes

Nothing starting at the tips of leaves and working its way up the leaf?

Oh if you got a bad meter and you have been adjusting to it your probally really low

its spots in the middle of the leaf, it looks like classic calmag

1 Like

the tips are perfect

at first i wasnt adjusting it but more recently ive been raising ph

thats calmag def.

also her flowers are getting some dust

3 Likes

Lol I forgot your super meticulous lol that’s minor minor minimal bro spots won’t go away an may take a lil while to stop showing up even tho you gave calmagic u u won’t see any difference really on leaves they wipl just stop showing up since your so far along in flower

Other then that you look a ok :ok_hand::ok_hand:

id love to get an apera ph meter, but its so expensive. does it ever need to be calibrated?

For a second there I thought I was reading a Tump speech lol. Just kidding bro that talk to text can be aggravating. Idk why they need my location on to use that app

It does but it keeps track of your ph tests and tells you if it’s out of normal ranges. And I think it says it tells you if it needs to be done. But it includes liquid tests and the bottles are fitted to the size of the meter. So you just open the bottle stick the meter right in the top let it calibrate then close the bottle back up until next time. Very handy.

And considering the importance of PH, especially to me in hydro, it’s money well spent.

1 Like

i cant justify the investment yet, but ill keep it in mind. hopefully mine can calibrate alright. i know what happened. when i first calibrated it i used tap with the powders. and its unlikely my tap didnt affect the ph. so im gonna get distilled and do it again. fingers crossed

1 Like

Hi, the Apera seems to be the default ph meter, it was one of the last things I ordered when I was getting set up. I too also thought it was a bit pricey but ph is really important so I bit the bullet.

As for the fan & filter, I have a 6" fan and a large/appropriate size filter for it. Not too concerned about it now, I’ll wait to see what happens when they flower and take action as seems fit.
The girl is looking good, you’re getting closer everyday to the harvest. The photo seeds are great but damn! its a long haul from seed to weed. I might try some of the autos one day, selection is somewhat limited.
Enjoy the weekend! :wink:

1 Like

day 71

tried out my new digital scope camera. it takes decent pictures, has an adjustable led on the end and nice color rendering but it doesnt have enough zoom to get into the trichs
or does it?
those trichs look clear to you?

5 Likes

Have you tried adjusting it to get a better zoom? Sometimes you have to pull them out.

it doesnt seem to have variable zoom, its meant for ear canal exploration lol! ill check it for zoom options

ya no zoom

hey a testimony to intensity of hlg lights.

my light was too close and it caused light bleaching of the growth tips of several of my colas.

ive back it up as much as i can without using different hanging hardware and im going to keep fingers crossed she will recover. anyone run into this? did you trim off the bleached areas?

also, i have my ph meter calibrated and had a heck of a time getting my soil pH balanced. i fed as usual, checked the runoff, pH adjusted it, ran it through again, checked runoff, adjusted, and kept doing this until my runoff was within spec. it took a while so dont be disappointed that i stopped at ph 6.59

she looks good today, keep getting more dusty. close look with 60x mag reveals all clear trichs

4 Likes