Basementstealth grow journal

so… i mentioned this to my wife in passing and she was like, did you see if anyone else has done this. my first thought was ya, wtf u think im a dumbass and didnt check? But instead i said, thats a great idea honey.

you see. i did check into it. i couldnt find a product and the only video diy i found was a guy in his shop that used a rotisserie motor. see i checked.

anyhoo she spend 3 seconds looking on her phone and sent me this.

idk if the tubing can support the pressures of moving a larger plant and i would need to attach a larger base, but smh she did it. thats it. and its cheap. what can i say, i may not have all the best ideas but i did convince her to marry me all those years ago so i must be doing something right.

3 Likes

That worries me. My wife will kill me if I don’t keep the smell contained lol.

2 Likes

im keeping the fan speed up and dehumidifier.going. its under control for now but every time i open the tent it comes wafting out

checked the soil ph and it had fallen to 6.3. used some tap and adjusted it up until runoff 6.5. good to go. very happy plant with leaves lifted.

She’s looking really nice, it also looks like the trunk has gotten even bigger.
I’m still having some odor issues as well, cant seem to get it 100%, may try another filter, though that should not be the problem but, one never knows. Its not really bad but my cellar has a pleasant “herbal” quality to it.
I dont mind it but I wonder why its there if the filter is in place, shouldnt that be masked almost completely.
Plus they’re not even in flower yet, what the heck is going to happen once they’re in full bloom.
Ohh, the problems we face LOL.

1 Like

so true. first world problems.

1 Like

do you have a 4inch filter? i do and im thinking that combined with a lower cfm fan may be the culprit. more air moving through a larger filter should keep the grow tent smell concentration down and im thinking will reduce overall smell of the grow

but im not going to buy a larger filter and fan

i think my ph meter needs calibration because ive been ph balancing my feeds and the calmag deficiency is progressing. i just ordered new calibration powders. ill run all three with distilled water and see if that helps.

Which ph meter do you have? I didn’t like that powder nor would I trust it. Buy ph calibration liquid. That way you know for sure it’s correct.

oh i was going to get some distilled water and carefully measure it… ok i see what ur saying. the liquid removes error

which liquid do u use?

Yeah cause the powder stuff even with distilled water didn’t seem to dissolve well. Plus I worried that if there was any residue from dish soap etc. In the cup it might alter the ph.

Mine came with the meter. But any of the brands work the same. Blue lab, Apera, I can’t think of the other brand

Will u just believe me that u may have just simply burned them bro :slight_smile:

im not able to find a liquid that has the correct pH calibration for my meter. i need 4.00pH, 6.86pH, and 9.18pH

Atlas scientific was the other brand I was trying to think of.

Yeah I just looked. That sucks.

It’s the nutes jump creeping up are leaves still crunching up bad

Try dialing back nutes a little

no the leaves have calcium deficiency likely caused by pH because i have calimagic in there. i think the ph issue is caused by needing to calibrate my ph meter.

im not home now, but i have some pics posted a little while ago. ill post again when i get back. its little brown spots, no bugs. and the spots are not steady but increasing in numbers