Basementstealth grow journal

Sweet find some weights to put on it to simulate the plant and see how it works.

If the plant is not dead center you could potentially Ave a issue with something rubbing maybe if there is a little more weight to one side t another

yes. well the first thing that happened was a failure of the linkage from the motor shaft to the tile. anybody know a quick method hardware or otherwise to link up the motor and tile? i need some kind of bracket that will screw into the shaft and hold the tile firmly
ultimately i need something stronger than tile and i may also need something to extend the shaft

Hmm well you could use jb weld or a good 2 part epoxy.

i want to try that but i think i need to grab the tile with friction or screws. if i turn it using the hole around the shaft im thinking the tile will just bend, flex and break. thats what already happened.

best with be a thin piece of aluminum machined with a D hole in the middle to fit the shaft perfect…

can i just google machinist i my area? thats what i need in the next step anyway, but i wanted to learn the gearing first

Yeah a plate of metal would be better for sure.

1 Like

ok maybe the best thing to do in get the gears and transfer torque with them. i tried to find metal gears but ill have to try plastic gears for now

There’s probably a trade school somewhere nearby to you. If they have a machinist school usually the students getting close to graduating can take on projects. You still gotta pay them but usually way less than traditional costs.

Also you’ll need to sketch up some designs for it but not hard.

1 Like

Liquid nail that brown stuff in a caulking tube

1 Like

Thats what along ppl use to hang mirrors on a wall

1 Like

Or drill a hole in the tile wth a mason bit and through bolt it wing nuts and or hex nut with rubber washers to grab the tile … I got to say tiles not a good idea would suck for your plant to take a spill get some thin steel or an aluminum plate or have a bracket welded on the end of the shaft… You need to make a frame for this really

1 Like

What about like a pizza pan? Hole saw the hole you need or sawzall, jigsaw?

1 Like

the tile is soft, like laminate or something. i only grabbed it because it was thin and kinda strong

pizza pan… i like that. and i could use screws that thread into the lazy susan base… good idea but i need something strong enough that it wont bend or flex too much under the weight of the plant

1 Like

im talking to the machinist. am also going to look into gearing but i need more planning before committing to a gear ratio

Round cookie sheet not the aluminum but no stick bake with and edge you could drill into to support pot.

1 Like

problem. ive done everything i can to control odor and she is still smellable. i want to add another 4 inch carbon filter to my setup.

can anyone recommend a good filter?

Rotation I would say this would be 2 full rotations clockwisein 24 hours so at 24 hours light you get even lighting but if you switch to photoperiod plants 12 and 12 they will still get one full rotation with lights on good maintenance free equation to figure out

1 Like

when i tilt the plant it turns up in an hour, so if they complete a turn every two hours they will get even coverage and even benefits from changing angles to gravity.

if i can slow the motor down by 60x then instead of one turn every 2 min itll be 1 turn every 120min