Basementstealth grow journal

if u see the photos above i pulled off the ties already :wink:

and i she was growing fast. i think it was the cutting and defoliating that stunted her growth moreso than the tiedown

1 Like

Yeah, you have the vocab right. I think you’re right, the plant just won’t have time to recover from the pruning and training. Normally you’d get some branching in flower.

The good news is that you seem to have dialed in the mainlining technique.

2 Likes

silver linings! thanks

3 Likes

Mainlining was spot on. Good luck on the photo :+1: tag me in when you start plz :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yep, @basementstealth does have that training experience under his belt, now, so success!

2 Likes

update with some pics. the growth and stretch continues with more branching.

the canopy is beginning to close

and young flowers with a pistil or two sticking out. am i right?

so… i decided to continue my training. A little LST may allow better liggt penetration. i hope.

6 Likes

I, too, see pistils. I think this little plant is going to surprise us.

3 Likes

canopy closing in again. Only two days. It seems like growth is picking up speed.

side view. she hasnt picked up much height yet, but im not worried.

4 Likes

shes really drinking a lot these days. shes had about a gallon of water in last couple days.

i know large plant can drink 10+ gallons a day but shes small. it must be the roots given time to develop during stress from mainlining. Can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

i cant help it. If i am not going to defoliate then at least im gonna train her.

4 Likes

You’re splits and everything just looks perfect. I should of done what you did and chopped the whole main stem down. I was scare about loosing those two main tops but as I can see from your grow they grew right back. My first Grow I almost perfected the mainline. This grow I just yanked her all the way over. Lmao well done my friend!

1 Like

thank you! this is my first grow in 20 years. and the first time ive made this far. im really glad i mainlined. i was super nervous.

1 Like

It’s easier than it looks. I harvested using CFLs and a plastic tub as well as some nutrients I found online. And of course the help of ILGM. Lol now I’ve got a 600w Equiv LED and a DOUBLE plastic tote. Lmao

3 Likes

where did you get the plastic tote? is it better than a fabric bag planter?

1 Like

@basementstealth
Plastic tote holds my plant. There $16 at Walmart. 45gal tote. I got a $4 roll of duct tape. And used it all in fact. Lol and a 180ft tinfoil which I still have More of. So around a $20 deal I can’t complain. I went from CFLs to an LED so I needed more height. I’m looking into a 2x2 grow tent. $41.99 on Amazon. Lol

1 Like

I’m not sure what a fabric bag planter is. I use a fabric pot? 10gal. They are better pots than anything I’ve used. Let’s the roots breathand they won’t rootbound.

1 Like

ya i meant just a fabric pot. is there an advantage of plastic tote over fabric pot?

i think i got mine for 29.99 on amazon. 2x2x(4? or5?) its fine. i like it. and free shipping with prime

watch out for amazon. the same item was 29.99 just a few days ago. check it out when i bought it.

1 Like

NICE. I’ll keep my eye out then. My plant isn’t in the plastic tote. Well it is but it’s my grow box. Lol that’s why it’s lined with tinfoil.

And i cut out a door so I can peek inside from time to time lol
Two totes stacked. It’s taller than me and I’m 5”11-6”. Lol now it’s only 1.5ft wide lol. So that’s why I’m looking for a tent. I got the height. Not the width.

4 Likes