Basementstealth grow journal

good idea, but i think im gonna try this

80Pcs Plastic DIY Robot Gear Kit Gearbox Motor Gear Set For DIY Car Robot Amazon.com

im looking at using the small blue gear with the large one

You could also use the main bearings from that bike to keep it all moving smoothly.

I like the price but Iā€™m not sure how well they will hold up to the torque. I know weā€™re talking slow speeds Iā€™m just thinking about the amount of torque that will be needed when the plant gets bigger.

agreed idk if any of this will work lmao

Lol thatā€™s half the fun in trying something new lol

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure all the greatest inventions started with that very statement lol.

Can you put up a screenshot of the rating youā€™re talking about?

@dbrn32 i found another motor that claims to have a higher torque

1 Like

Does that say kg/cm2 for torque? Or 30kg per cm? Or am I misunderstanding what itā€™s saying for that rating? Because if itā€™s saying 30 kg/cm2 thatā€™s like 60,000p/psf which is crazy high.

2 Likes

at 0.6 rpm

so im thinking it may work to rotate a large wet soil plant.

im pretty sure its 30kg/cm in terms of 1cm lever arm it can move 30kg

i bought it so we get to find out next week

1 Like

Haha well itā€™s cheap enough to test it out at least.

And being 12 volt you can cut the end off of most phone chargers and you can have a power cord.

2 Likes

5v ona. Phone charger you need a ac to Dc transformer 110/12 v energize line wires with 110v from breaker or outlet I suggest you put a polarity nob inline to adjust speedsā€¦ from the transformer you will have 2 line wires producing 12v those you should hook to you hot and neutral and ground your green lg and viola weed plant on a dance floor lol are u doing his for light distribution ? U have a qb in a small tent you are more then covering your area with PAR light are you planning to expand your grow?

1 Like

Damn I thought a phone was 12v.

i want better light penetration and i want to take advantage of gravitropism. I can get better light penetration from mounting my light at an angle and spinning the plant, but then i lose out on growth advantages from gravitropism. so i plan to tilt the plant, tilt the light, and spin the plant. it should produce better yields, denser growth, and look cool. ultimately i have too much time on my hands and when i want to do something sometimes its better i do it rather than resist

2 Likes

Most 5v most 2.1 in a car

Makes sense your simulating suns and earth rotating thatā€™s cool never ran across that before itā€™s a 1 plant type deal right

1 Like

Put a reflector like a really good one on the opposite side of the light tilt to shine on back side as well

ill find a power supply. theres this one on amazon.

AUTOTOOLHOME AC/DC Adapter 3-12V 1A Adjustable Power Supply Motor Speed Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3NL3NV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Ye90BbE3NRYR7

ill check around my house to see what else i have laying around. and i contacted the seller about what power supply they reco.mend

Howā€™s the girls is she recovering well from the nutes or have leafs stopped crunching up yet?