Basementstealth grow journal

ok at first glance this is gonna look like a ton of defoliation, and it is - sorta.

i removed about 100 smaller branches that were not going to contribute directly to a cola. and i removed 20-30 minor colas. i kept most large fan leaves to keep photosynthesis going.

i have 21 colas now. ill let her grow another week and cull the weakest ones.

thoughts?

!

3 Likes

That is quite a bit of defoliation but itā€™s not too much necessarily in my opinion. I think if you do it slowly and spread it across a few days it wonā€™t go into shock, but youā€™ll loose at most a day or so then sheā€™ll get on with it.

Just gotta be sure that sheā€™s healthy and thriving before doing something like that. You donā€™t want to kick her in the face if sheā€™s already down.

1 Like

Ok, you did a lot. Hopefully not too much. Now give her time to recover.

3 Likes

she comes from austere beginnings. i think she will be okay.

what can i do with light to help her now? shes at 18/6. Do i give her more, less, or same? @raustin @Mr.Indica

Steady as she goes, you donā€™t want to change anything.

2 Likes

ya shes upset

2 Likes

You shocked her good. Thatā€™ll teach you.

Nah, sheā€™ll be fine.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s shock. Just donā€™t mess with her more and leave everything else the same it was before the defoliation. Sheā€™ll resume normal growth in 2 days tops.

I agree with @raustin, sheā€™ll be fine.

2 Likes

slap on the wrist.
now we see how stable her genetics are

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t question her stability, but rather her resiliency :wink:

Sometimes you gotta burn your hand I guess thereā€™s really no reason to take off lower fan leaves unless damaged you want your precious photosynthesis to take place while youā€™re taking away its storage Basin are the banks for photosynthesis sugars you keep saying photosynthesis but youā€™re defeating the purpose of it the plant has to have a balance above-ground and below-ground by taking too much off top what you did youā€™re sending signals to the plant for it to go into a screeching halt and since you are just entering flowering with an auto you could have greatly affected Bud production think about it if youā€™re stunting a plant right when itā€™s about to start its basis for all of its fruit itā€™s going to be lacking so if you want any chance of having any kind of decent yield LEAVE IT ALONE you are officially a Sado cultivator in my book LOL LOL LOL you need to get a spiked collar for your plant and name it some degrading name back to Earth though fan leaves are there for a reason quit removing them really unless theyā€™re damaged leave them be maybe a couple here or there but thereā€™s no need to defoliate until your plant is well in the flowering and itā€™s past its stretch because potential Bud sides below fan leaves most likely will poke their head up and above the ones that you would have normally removed do yourself a favor and let Mother Nature have a little bit of influence in your grow sheā€™s been doing this for a long time

3 Likes

Your tone can be ready into as rude just FYI. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s your intention, but I would imagine Iā€™m not the only one noticing this.

We already explained that we feel he took the defoliation a bit too far, but there is merit to defoliating in an indoor environment.

In nature, the sun hits every angle of the plant at one point or another every single day. Thatā€™s why defoliation isnā€™t necessary outdoors, but indoors, if done properly, it can increase your yield. This has been documented and proven time and time again.

In the end, we all make mistakes, and we learn from them.

You got to be kidding me ā€¦ Iā€™ve been on this thread since day one @Mr.Indica and me and @basementstealth have been discussing this daily even so if he has a problem with my comments it would have been stated 30 or 40 comments ago when I said the same thing over and over again and my warning foretold the present reaction and Iā€™m saying that first stage shock has set in ā€¦ At a really unfortunately bad timingā€¦ In an auto at that Iā€™m just trying to point out the reasons y u donā€™t donā€™t what people tell you not to do or donā€™t do as normal practice ā€¦ Trying to make it make more sense since he keeps pushing the envelope hopefully the package makes it to the destination if you know what I mean Iā€™m not rude Iā€™m being firm

2 Likes

okay. I appreciate you @Mr.Indica. @fano_man has a tendency to be like this. I appreciate his perspective. And yes I would prefer if he were more kind, but thats not everyones bag. he also has a tendency to run salt in, even when the point has been made he likes to share in his opinion too, again just his bag. Im not sure I agree with his perspective, but im confident he doesnā€™t mean to come off the way he does

also, @fano_man, fyi i didnt defoliate as a rogue instrument. i did so under the supervision of growers on this site that i trust. And yes i freely admit i over did it and the plant went into shock. If i had any desire to hide this or resist learning a lesson i simply wouldnā€™t have posted the pictures.

that being said. i feel confident itll be okay and she will recover. or she wont and i will have learned an even more important lesson.

at this point the main thing i want is to see is the outcome. i am literally doing this for the joy of growing. i dont even know what ill do with the harvest. lol!!

2 Likes

Naw see thatā€™s funny because I donā€™t always agree with ppl and be the secondary parrot ā€¦ I said the opposite I said dont remove @raustin said do it but lightly, lightly is cool Iā€™m just trying to point out u ask for advice and then dont follow it donā€™t make sense but now I see that it does make sense smhā€¦ Wonā€™t be putting my sense where itā€™s unwelcomed shoulda said something from the beginning instead of having me waste all my time trying to help you and you talk down of my help thatā€™s quite ā€¦ Aggravating ā€¦gotta watch my words around here good luck bro

2 Likes

And Iā€™m quick to respond and I donā€™t go by other secondary knowledge I speak from my experience and common sense as well I have an extensive schooling background in environmental science and weed ainā€™t nobl fifferent then anythother plant as to mean they have basic laws that canā€™t be broken without consequences or sever environmental manipulation just cuz Iā€™m new to the site doesnā€™t mean anything my friend carried my love for environment to a weekend job growing and learning 90%of these techniques for weed that are universal to mist plants my weekend hobby/jobs was cultivating a 15 acre plot and a 10 acre plot of exotic fruit trees and bananas 16 types of mangoes 20 types of bananas ā€¦ And they all basically work the same bro I mean well ā€¦ I donā€™t know itā€™s just me but I type my palming foreheads emotion into my text sorry for the passion in my explanations I can be to Frank btbibdont mean no harm so take m for what I am a helping hand

ok thanks @fano_man. as i said i appreciate your perspective. dont take it personally if i dont follow your advice. it doesnt mean i dont believe you, but sometimes i need to see things for myself. but u could chill a bit, ya know? that would be nice

1 Like

Ur the only one that got the all caps because your the only one who doesnā€™t follow advice itā€™s all good man Iā€™ll still sleep fine tonight hope you do to with your girl being all stressed I know that translates to your mood as well so no harm no foul lesson learned hope itā€™s not wasted time from here out witch it could be if you do anything else crazy to her

@fano_man you are too negative for me. pls give me some space

1 Like