Auto Diesel Flower Stretch

Ok, so this is my first autoflower, Diesel. It’s popping pistols and stretched to about 3ft. It’s now taller than the Green Crack of same age, but still in veg.

Should I expect much taller?
@SKORPION

1 Like

Indoor it shouldn’t , outdoor I have seen up to 5 or 6 feet.

Thanks. That’s good because it’s getting too close to the light. I’m still skeptical, though, on the fact it will produce just as well in 20/4 light as it will in 12/12. But, I shall see!

1 Like

Is this Sour Diesel (your thread title just says Diesel), or one of the other diesel variants? Sour Diesel likes lots and lots of light. Autoflowering strains can grow under a wide variance of lighting conditions, but that doesn’t always mean they will all have the same effect on growth and/or potency.

1 Like

Light effects yield not potency. Potency is a matter of genetics. You could grow potent bud off some cfl lights you bought at a hardware store. Thats why when you look at seeds they have a thc percent listed it’s off the genetics and why the same strain might have two different thc percentages from different breeders. You may see gsc for example at 20 percent at ilgm but another seller has it at 26, different genetics. Oh and harvest window for triclones.

1 Like

That’s only a portion of the equation. Nutrients, supplements and timing can have a huge effect on potency.

1 Like

Yeah I said timing. And yet u didn’t say lighting which is what u actually said, to get my response. This guy … Ok @MawiWowi let me know if you need something.

1 Like

@TommyBahama yes, Sour Diesel Autoflower, seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Co. It is under a Niello LED:
Replaces 600W HPS / MH
Ave power consumption: 140Watt
LED quantity: 56pcs High Intensity Double Chips 10watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips + 2pcs x20w CREE COB
Input voltage: AC85-265V
Frequency: 50-60HZ
Beam angle: 90 °
Max Coverage: 9.8x8.2ft at Height 24 inch
Core Coverage: 5.5x4.6ft at Height 12 inch

@SKORPION thanks

1 Like

I didn’t want to go that deep into it because we are stealing @MawiWowi thread, and this is not information that was being asked about. But since you brought it up, I will address it as well. Light does actually affect potency, but in an indirect way compared to nutrients and supplements. The greater your light (in photons and in the correct color spectrum(Up to the point of DLI)), the more trichome density you will have, and thus a greater potency per gram.

@MawiWowi I believe I found your light on Amazon. It appears to be a combination of a blurple light and a COB light. Normally blurple lights are only good for the vegetative state, but if the color map they provided is accurate, it does produce a lot more red light than a typical blurple. So, while it won’t produce as well as something like an HLG (Horticulture Lighting Group) light, it should do better in the flowering stage than a blurple. It’s only going to produce enough light for one plant, though.

I’ve never had any auto be less than 36"+ I just start cropping once I can’t raise my light anymore.

1 Like

@TommyBahama thanks for checking and the info. So far, it seems to be doing well for my 3x3 veg room. The 2nd grow, SD auto, a Purple Queen, and a Green Crack are under it. Fortunately, the GC and SDA are within 8" difference in height. The PQ is a mother, so it’s shorter and bushier.

@RandomlyRan thanks.

1 Like

Here she is at 2 weeks into flowering. Without bucket, she is 4’ tall now. Rez fluid temp steady at 70-74°F, pH 5.4-5.8. Still in veg room at 20/4 light.