Auto blueberry and leaves are yellowing

I see some brown leaf tips. Are you taking ppm measurements? If they are over 1200 then you will need to go with water only until the ppm numbers go below 1200. I would go with water only for the next couple of rounds. She looks good! Don’t get down about it, I did th re same thing. You are going to like her. Watch it though, she will put you on the couch for awhile!

How do you take ppm measurements?

I am gonna tag in some of the others who could explain it better than me. @SKORPION, @beardless, @PurpNGold74 could one of you explain to amber how to take ppm measurements? I am fairly sure I will not get part of it right. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

@ashhhh, I did not get a chance to use my tds meter to get ppm measurements. I’m a little foggy on getting pre-feeding levels so I will leave that for somebody else to explain. As I understand it, to measure post feeding/watering levels, water until you get runoff. Don’t catch the first bit, let it run a second or two. Then catch enough in a cup that you can put your tds meter in to get a reading. Remember not to let the runoff get over the maximum level line. Once you get your level you are set. If it is above 1200 then water until it gets below 1200. When its below you can resume feeds. 1200 is the benchmark level. You could manage your plant with this method, but adding the pre-feed level will give you more info and make it easier to manage this. I have read where ppm levels on fox farms OF will give you really high ppm levels. This is normal, unless your plant is showing nutrient burn. Some plants have to adjust to that high level. Keep growing good and fun!

1 Like

You got the jist of it Patch Adams…

Ppms (parts per million) show the amount of solids (nutrients) in ur soil. A good ppm/tds/ec (all the same thing basically) meter should only cost ya around $10. Excellent growers tool.

Your plant looks excellent. Youve done great work.

What if anything does she need to do on the pre feeding or pre watering side of this? I got the meters that I think you recommended, and @ashhhh it was $22 for a ph meter and a tds meter. Thank you for that vote of confidence @PurpNGold74. Eventually I understand what you all are telling me.

1 Like

Spot on my friend you are absolutely correct. @patchman

Pre feeding you just measure your ppm and pH to make sure they’re in line based on your feeding schedule and pH. Like you said OF will give you high levels because its already a hot soil, filled with nutrients, so it makes sense.

Glad to hear you got them! they’ve very handy and necessary for growing

@Amber1, I am such a dufus. On the posts above I tagged @ashhhh instead of you. I hope you go through these. @ashhhh, I am sorry I accidentally tagged you thinking you were @Amber1. Please forgive me. I blame the blueberry! So Amber, you can get that combo ph and tds meter for around $22. I think it was on Amazon. Now you should know how to take that ppm reading, which will help you get your nutrients dialed in. Good luck! I will be following a long! Bring it on home!

hahah no worries man! If you have any questions im glad to help anyway. Peace

Thanks ash, I will hold you to that (if I can remember)lol

1 Like

Dont skimp on the pH. The cheapies work but not reliably. I hate recalibrating every other week…

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-Conductivity-Accuracy-Complete/dp/B01ENFOIPK/ref=asc_df_B01ENFOIPK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312200211563&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16574186897386591264&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013950&hvtargid=pla-391205938711&psc=1
Worth its weight in gold

https://www.amazon.com/Dumsamker-Professional-Temperature-0-9999ppm-Aquariums/dp/B07H578WWT/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=tds+meter&qid=1597275083&sprefix=tds+me&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWk9ISEpOREdHRTBTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjAxODUzMkU2T1A3TlJUSkswVSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzg5OTQzMURISzJaT0k2TDhCMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
This one u can cheap on

Yeah looks like early deficiency to me. Go lightly with the feeding since it is still a small plant.

Hey @PurpNGold74,
Somebody in the group suggested what I enrded up getting. It was a 2 meter special deal. As funds permit I will get another meter. I know what our water’s pH is here, and I will get another meter soon. If I have to recalibrate it every time so be it. I am slowly improving with each grow. Last grow for pH I used test strips. This time I will have a meter for pH and ppm. Did not have a tds meter last time. Now I got one. No more blurple light on grow2. I will have a better light. Thank you for your help!