Auto amnesia haze flowering

I am growing amnesia haze, blueberry, and northern lights. They all started great but at my 9th (total) week the amnesia haze is not showing buds like the other two. Anybody else have a slow bud sprout but also have a plant growing like crazy? Merry Christmas everyone!

2 Likes

Different plants grow and mature at different rates, even the same strains will do this. Kinda like 2 kids from the same parents. Merry Christmas to all and a very bountiful and prosperous New Year

2 Likes

Yeah some flower faster than others it’s nothing your doing

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on the amnesia haze. I will let you know how it turns out. Merry Xmas to all my fellow growers out there. May the new years harvest be good to us all!

2 Likes

Ditto brother

I have my first amnesia haze going into it’s 10th week of veg growth with no sign of buds either. It’s a big beautiful lady but surprised since my previous, ak47 & sour diesel, transitioned to flowering way before I expected.

2 Likes

I was wondering what your lighting schedule is? Some people having similar problem have to switch to a 12/12 to try force into flower. I had one auto go 7 weeks and I switched her over and it worked for me.

I started out with 20/4 but about 2 weeks ago I switched it to 18/6. One thing for sure is I can tell just about 10 weeks in that there is a lot of difference between bagseed and the autos. Night and day.

My GSC Beast decided to take 3 months to Veg. She got completely out of hand. She was very small the 1st month. I was about to toss her and my sister said keep it. Glad I did.

My Blue Dream is on the left with a 19” cola. I had to pull her early because my GSC was able to fill 16 sq feet by herself.
She hadn’t even pre-flowered I don’t think when I took the photo. She is the reason why I finally joined here.

Might think about 12 12 now cuz she will still grow and streach in flower, and your already getting growing like crazy.

2 Likes

I might just do that if things don’t change in a couple of days.

1 Like

LOL I am currently growing two Blueberry, one Amnesia Haze, and one Northern lights autos too. Someone bought the same sample pack I see. Mine all started budding within a week of each other. They might have given you photo AH seeds by mistake. Do you still have the little ziplock bag they sent the seeds in? If so, what does it read?

1 Like

Thanks, I checked and it says auto like the other two. It’s the 9th/10th week. Someone else wrote back saying not to worry but like he suggested, I might have to force her with 12hr dark. She’s growing like a weed, having to trim fan leaves every couple of days. I shall see, thanks for helping.

1 Like

Sounds like unstable auto genetics, your best bet is to put the plant somewhere in the dark for a day or two and then switch to 12/12 or I actually recommend 11/13 due to the sativa genetics in the amnesia haze.

1 Like

Yep, I have started to put her in a 12/12 now and plan to do it for a week or until I see flowering. I will hope for good. I’ll keep you posted, thank.

1 Like

Well it’s been 7 days since I put her in 12/12 and it looks like it may be working. I am starting to see more white hair wisps so we will see. Does anyone know what will happen if she does bud? It’s been 2 months (11/8) when she became a seedling. Will she grow full buds or will she just stop growing at a certain time? Autos are new to me.

2 Likes

If you are seeing hairs you’ve flipped her and she should bud okay. As advertised usually 7 to 9 weeks of course depending on how many amber tricomes. Good job

1 Like

Ok my next question is I’ve had her on 12/12 for exactly 2 weeks and I see the yellow hairs starting to form buds. Should I switch her back to 18/6 or should I wait for some reason? I appreciate any help you can give me. :v:

1 Like

I have had her in 12/12 for exactly 2 weeks. I now see white hairs like she finally starting to bud. My question is do I leave her in 12/12 or can I put her back in 18/6 now?

That’s a great question that I will give you a suggestion but I don’t actually know the “right answer” as I’ve never personally experienced it.

Two schools of thought here

#1 the auto genetics are weak so keep it in 12/12, if you switch it could re veg.
Now this will work of course but… Unless you have top of the line lights your going to loose yeild for sure.

#2 you kicked the plant in the but and hit the reset button now it’s in full swing so gvie it the juice, switch back to 20/4 or 18/6.
This is what I would do to be honest, I’ve steered a couple people this way and have never seen an auto re veg after a forced flip but not saying it couldn’t happen depends on genetics