Aus Bag seed grow journal

Another trick I’ve used is to ramp down to 12/12 over a week or 10 days to reduce the amount of stretch I get. From 50% all the way down to 20% instead. It can be helpful to manage canopy height.

6 Likes

I do as @dbrn32 change when lights go out
And i go right to 12-12
Ive never tried the way @Myfriendis410 does it but have heard it works well

3 Likes

It’s pretty strain dependent, based on what I saw. But does reliably reduce the amount of stretch you can anticipate.

2 Likes

I might be a bit naive but I want her to stretch. Am I delisional? It a 2m tent??

If you guys were to guess the origins/strain of hedgehog what would you say? Indica/Sativa ? This is her this morning.

And here’s my indoor clone @Mr.Indica

1 Like

Good question! Looks hybrid to me, not quite Indica fatty but also not the skinny lanky Sativa. Although these days, strains are called Indica or Sativa even though they are mostly all hybrids, they just say Indica although what they mean is “Indica Dominant Hybrid”.

It’s actually really frustrating that it’s become so hard to find pure 100% Indica strains. I like some 90/10, but Sativa doesn’t help the conditions I’m treating and can actually make it worse.

Anyways, long story short, looks to be a hybrid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s an early pistil shot of my outdoor training plant.

and a picture of it among my veggie seedlings and Aquaponics setup.

4 Likes

Where do the fish live in this setup? In the tank at the bottom?

1 Like

Yeah mate they live in the bathtub in the ground. There’s about 10-12 fish.

2 Likes

That’s really cool! Your plants look good, too :+1:

Hard to say on the strain. Best to enjoy it like a box of chocolates once cured :v:

1 Like

Very solid advice. I understand it’s pretty well impossible to guess. Just thought I’d throw it out there.

Ok guys and girls the flower period has begun in Hedgehogs tent. I also decided to flower the 3week old clone as well because, well. I dunno really. It’s so god damn cute though. I’ve named her “Tails”.

5 Likes

Save a clone in case u LOVE her genetics. May never know. So best keep a piece :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah good call. I might do it this weekend. The only thing is my veg space is really packed because I’ve been dropping bag seeds like they’re hot. I’m just practicing. So far I’ve managed to do 2 clones that are thriving.

1 Like

Good morning fellow gardeners. Spring has well and truely sprung here on the east coast and plants across the land are cranking. Today’s post is just a catch up on all my experiments with weed and veggies. I tried a new way of germination this time around. I mixed 1ml of mammoth p microbials, 1 ml of ryzofuel into 3ish L of water then PhD. I soaked the rock wool cubes in it for 5 minutes then dropped the seeds. The root production has been insane. They were in the humidicrib for a little over a week. I have planted them in coco but they will eventually go outside. I also took some clones off Hedgehog who is 1 week into flower still with no pistils. I sat the clones in the same solution as germination for 24 hrs then put them into rock wool cubes. My outside plant is chugging along. It’s been supercropped, lst, topped ect and has heaps of pistils which is weird due to it being only September. The Hindu Kush girls are starting to throw leaves out now so I’m expecting a bit of accelerated growth soon. Aquaponics is living too. I put an extra 5 fish in yesterday. Here’s the photos for proof.

@PurpNGold74 @elheffe702 @Mr.Indica @Budbrother @Mrcrabs @

4 Likes

Nice work with the clones! Sweet. I think i should invest in some kinda rooting hormone for them as well. I use aloe already but my best living one only made it 3 weeks or so. Time to throw some money at the problem right? :joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

1 Like

Try some honey! That’s all I’ve ever used, other than a little mycorrhizae when I transplant. Other than ones I just didn’t wait on long enough before I knew how long they took to root, I have had great success :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve got one in flower now

1 Like

lil lady! Ohhhh drums eh?

1 Like

Haha yeah I don’t mind a bash

2 Likes