Aurora Indica by Nirvana, organic indoor with Biobizz nutrients

I was going to say same as @Nug-bug
As far as you ph swing you should check your run off when you obtain 20% run off for accurate reading
Meanin 1 gal in and 26 liquid ounces out collect it and test ph if you check after you flush it will be low

1 Like

@Nug-bug @Countryboyjvd1971 I just watered her with 2 liters (8,5 cups) of water, mixed with 2ml/L (4ml in total) of BioGrow and 1ml/L (2ml in total) of TopMax. After that I collected some of the “first” runoff, and that came out at 5 pH. Then I cleaned out that runoff and waited a little. When I came back 10-15 mins later the tray had the “second” round of runoff, and that came out at 6 - 6,5 pH. Which is perfect! I could not be happier :smiley: Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it!

1 Like

Today I gave this “defoliation technique” a try.
Numerous people have told me to “clean” her up a little, and that she was getting really bushy.
So I thought I would do her a favor, and remove most of the unnecessary fan leaves.

This is the final results:

In the next photo you’ll be able to see some new growth “sprouts”. I did not remove these since the guide I’m using told me to keep to the fan leaves if I were a novice in this kind of thing. So I left all the smaller grow, and only removed the fan leaves. Did I do okay?

Here’ some more of these small sprouts I’m talking about.

But one thing is for sure, I’ve created a lot more space around the branches, and I hope she’ll be satisfied with my work so far.
So… what’s the verdict?

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @garrigan62 @arcticGrow @Nug-bug

Edit: Round 2, did some alterations! :wink:

4 Likes

Ok so you did good for going about and decrypting info into what to do.
Here’s the thing.
In all the forms of training it all comes to a head under one thing.
Canopy.
Especially indoor where we have the light source straight above our lovely girls, it is imperative to the yeild that we make good of every watt.
The best way to do this is by training. The whole point is so that you can create a flat canopy to take advantage of every drop of par. Now I think you did an awesome job the way your last picture looks.
However can you see the very lowest shoot on the left bottom of the plant.
That could be cloned or taken off your choice, the reason? It will never catch up with the rest of the plant,and will be in low light so will not amount to anything but popcorn bud,and a waste of energy to plant.
See where I’m coming from? Not trying to discourage you. Just some options if you will

You might want to be careful with that lime. Some lime is pH 7 and some is pH 10. I would mix a little with water and pH it to be sure you have the right stuff. Also you should know that peat will acidify water slowly, so your initial runoff could be pretty acid because it has been in contact with peat, and then as more water washes it out it goes closer to the water you put in. That’s why I’m avoiding peat.

I just use about a teaspoon per gallon of vinegar to bring my nute solution down to 5.8 for my pure coco pot. Doesn’t take much and the plant loves it.

And here @garrigan62

I flagged this guy twice now lol

Now I’m speaking whit garrigan65 about this…

1 Like

@Nug-bug I get it. And I’ve thought about removing that little branch, but I don’t have a area to clone my plants, so I’d have to use the same space I’m using now, and that would not work to great due to the lack of space etc. But I get it, and I’ll try to figure something out. Because I don’t really want to throw it away either. It’s a nice healthy little branch, so it should get to produce something :wink:

@1BigFella I’ve not yet used any Dolomite. I decides not too. But this one is pH 7 all natural, so in the future I think it will do great :wink: but thanks for the heads up!

Btw guys… when I got home today (been away for a few days), I noticed the plant had grown a bit, but what I also noticed was that some of the roots are showing on the surface, and I can clearly see roots down the sides of the soil (between the soil and the inner “wall” of the pot), should I do anything about it or just leave it as it is? I got some soil here I could cover it up with, but I will wait a day or so, because some of the perlite turned green when I was away (just a tiny bit). It probably got a little colder than usual, so the soil did not dry as fast. It’s not a big deal, I’ll just wait for it to dry up. When I got home I turned up the heat to normal and the circulation fan too.

1 Like

Hello everyone, and happy holidays!

I said I would come back on here today and share some pictures with you.

Like I said yesterday, when I got home from vacation, I noticed some green algae looking stuff on some of the Perlite, and I also noticed roots sticking up through the surface.

My predictions are that since I left, I turned the heath down a bit (don’t want to pay for heath I don’t use when I’m gone), and I was sure that it would be fine. But when I was gone there must have been a little colder than I would like, so the soil did not dry up as fast as I thought, and that might have resulted in keeping the soil from getting enough air, so that the roots started to grow upwards for oxygen. At the same time the algae started growing, since the soil was kept moist and “cold”.

So what I’ve done today is to crank up the heat a little, and I’ve also moved the circulation fan to make sure the plant got more air flowing around the stem.

I’ve thought about covering up the roots with some new soil mix, but I want to give her more time to dry up before I do that. What do you guys think?

Other than that she looks healthy.

Here’s a picture.

As you can see she still has enough room underneath, and I actually think I did a good job with the defoliation last week.

And here you can see the algae and the roots.

Looking forward to read your feedback. Just let me know what you think.

I wish I did not have to go away the last few days, but since it’s the holidays I had no choice.
Hopefully this will not affect her too much.

@Nug-bug @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @jusgettinby @arcticGrow

• C
2 Likes

Well @Cocho I’m a noob too so I’ll just say that I think your plant looks good and leave the algae issues to those more knowledgeable… Happy Growing!

~peace

You already turned up the heat and air movement, so I guess you could remove the perlite that has algae,and add a Lil soil to fall down the sides to cover roots.
How big is the container she’s in?
Are you gonna have to repot? If so you could wait for that so as not to waste

@Nug-bug I’ll do that tomorrow when the light turns on again.
She is growing in a 15L (4 gallon) pot, so I will not be repot her.
But what I’ve already done is removing more of the leaves so that the soil don’t stay in the shadow all the time.
That way I guess she will dry up better between feedings. Anything else you’d advice me to do? And thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

Just air flow. It really is a key to success.

@Nug-bug Yeah! I’ve grown tired of my awkwardly big and clunky circulation fan, and I think I’ll buy me a Monkey bar fan. They are smaller, but more efficient since I can place it more strategically. So I’ll try to get one this week.

1 Like