Assembly Required…Parts Will Be Missing

It’s been 5 days since the flip and we have pistils! So far, no nute burn or deficiencies. Hopefully I can keep it that way.

4 Likes

Looks beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Finally!! Some roots :v:

2 Likes

Halfway through the stretch and I noticed a few small yellow leaves at the bottom. Well, not really the bottom since they are lollipopped and only 1/3 of the plant is left.

So, yesterday I gave both plants 18ml each of the 3 part AN nutes in a gallon of water. The heaviest I’ve ever fed my plants. I went to check on them this morning. I figured I’d have some nute burn, but nope!

Just 2 big monster hungry girls!

I sing and talk to my plants. I believe everyone and everything can always use words of encouragement. My singing voice is not gonna win me a grammy, but my plants don’t seem to mind lol

2 Likes

They sure are lookin good :+1: so keep singing, I’m lovin the hedgehogs

1 Like

4 days later and the Sour D has grown past the mylar. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the flip, so hopefully the upward growth will slow down. The canopy was nice and even before the flip, oh well I tried….

I think most of the flowers have set, so I’ll remove the ties tomorrow. Any suggestions on when I should defoliate again?

2 Likes

I’m a defo fool and probably go overboard with it but I normally do a small one right at the switch to 12s and then another around day 21 from switch. I would look over the plants and take off any large fan leaves that are completely shading budsites wait till the 21st day from switch and do a good one just remember somewhere between week 3 and 5 from switch the plants won’t make new leaves at all just bud so if you’re not sure about taking something off leave it there you can always cut it off later you can never put them back on

1 Like

Thanks! So, in a week I’ll give it a go, but err on the side of caution.

I had another blurple light laying around. It’s only 185 actual watts, but I’m adding it with the other 2 blurples for a total of 1,141 actual watts. It can’t hurt.

I got an hlg 135 V2 Bspec to veg with now. About to attempt to put together the kit :grimacing:

1 Like

I threw my two little 113w blurples in my auto tent with the sf2000 to add a couple hundred extra watts for them. The efficiency of the new diodes like in your hlg is so much better than the blurples that it would prolly take 400w of blurple to equal the 150w of the hlg and that’s just my guess so could be ± another hundred lol that’s why everyone threw out the blurples

Here’s a before during n after a three week defol of a previous grow… when I started doing that second defol at three weeks it prolly added an ounce to my per plant average so I know it works but I’ve gone to far and think it hurt my weight there is a learning curve 4sure…hope this helps you out

1 Like

Definitely helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Excuse my excitement. :partying_face:

This is the quickest I have ever seen trichomes start appearing!! Only 15 days since the flip for the sour diesel.
I hope I can get it right this time🤞

:tent: Tent Update :tent:

I don’t know why wedding cake has always had random clawed leaves?
Soon, I will defoliate and get the tent ready to flower. If I don’t decide to pop a auto seed :grimacing:

1 Like

Clawing is most likely to much N not all plants like the same amount of food and cake is telling you to slow down. There’s a couple other reasons for clawing though to much wind, root issues which includes over or under watering, root bound, and just poor soil

1 Like

19 days since the flip. Finally got some nute burn when I added big bud to my feeding regimen. It’s minor, but I’ll still slow down with the nutes.

:tent: Tent Update :tent:

Gave Cake a flush and started slowly defoliating from the bottom to get these girls ready for flower. Started from the bottom, now we’re here (in my Drake voice) lol :joy:

@MeEasy
You were right cake didn’t like all that nitrogen. After the flush and a lower feed, no more claw and they look happy!

It’s taken me a while to dial in the environment with the new tent and hlg light. The nutes, watering, everything is different compared to plants I’ve grown under blurples. I love a good challenge though :v:

1 Like

Just a little more super cropping and what I consider I pretty heavy defoliation. The bottoms look so much better cleaned up :heart_eyes_cat:

I am so ready to flower these girls. It won’t be long now….

3 Likes

They will reward you for it, airflow helps in two ways one weed pollination is done in the air so it’s said the airflow around a bud will cause it to increase size to increase it’s chances of catching some pollen. Two it drastically reduces the risk of mold n mildew

1 Like

@JaneQP @beardless

This is my current journal. When these girls finish flowering I will start my sog with my clones.
Until then I have a 2x4 I will keep them in.

Please tag me in both of your journals. I would love to compare and take notes.

Thanks for the tag. Set to watch!

1 Like

3 1/2 weeks since the flip and the 2 SD are filling in nicely. Yesterday I added nirvana to the feeding schedule. I never used it before, only gave 1/4 dose.

4 Likes

Whatever you’re doing don’t change anything those are some very healthy and happy looking ladies :wink::drooling_face:

3 Likes

How did you get all those colas? Amazing plant!

1 Like