As long as canopy is level, can you still have too many colas?

Hey, I am so tickled for my autos to appear as they do now, but do I have too many colas coming up?

I count 14. Does it stunt the overall yield with so many? Here’s a photo.

4 Likes

Very nice looking! :+1:t2: I sure hope you can’t get too many. If so, I’m screwed…lol

2 lambs Breath autos

Keep’em growin!! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

9 Likes

As many as can fit and get good light and circulation.
Looks great💪

5 Likes

Beautiful lady u got there

2 Likes

Thanks a million there brother!! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

You can never have to many. Just make sure the plant is getting good light penitration.
Happy growing…

11 Likes

Beautiful, would you call that a “yog”?..lol​:sunglasses::muscle::+1:

4 Likes

You can never have enough colas long as they are getting enough light and nutrients. I personally prefer one massive cola but I made one plant to have 8. The weight caused the branches to tear off the main stalk. Not fun.

4 Likes

Definitely not fun to deal with. I split a momma the other day almost down to the dirt. A little masking tape and all should be good for her. If not,bye bye,lol

2 Likes

This is a great problem to have. Means that weight is strating to stack up. More weight = more smoke.
Might be time to hit with some extra Silica :slight_smile:

Happy growing…

Not if: Healthy roots / sufficient fertigation / Good lights / Circulation (some as stated above).

1 Like

I always thought the more there is the better

1 Like

I think one has to way out the pros and cons. Make sure that there growing style, method ect. can support so many flowers. I personally like as many tops as I can get. I grow outdoors so lighting and space is not a problem.

The more tops you have the more nutrients it will absorb and larger root base it will have. You may need a larger container to support a healthy thriving plant. With more tops comes more time spent in the garden. You will want to make sure you maintain good airflow and light penetration.

You will also want to plan ahead for once flowering rolls around. Those colas will get heavy and may need to be supported.

Overall I feel that more tops will always reword you in the end. 'If" you can maintain a healthy plant :wink:

Happy growing…

3 Likes

Very well writin HR

1 Like

I would is add adequate space available for the tops. It is like an overcrowded vegetable patch. The veggies will grow to available space. That is why you thin once the seeds are planted.
I would also add strain or sometimes just the pheno of that plant. I topped a couple northern lights photo numerous times desiring lots of colas. Yeah I got colas and a pain in the A to trim all of those buds. In hindsight I prefer fewer but larger buds.
I think I got carried away with this one. All of the NL in this grow were relatively light producers

3 Likes

No such thing as too many! Lol

4 Likes

As others said, I don’t think there could ever be too many colas as long as you have good airflow and light penetration.

These 2 sour diesels I grew both had 40 tops. I ended up with 13.3oz from those 2 plants.

7 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. I do like colas

Did I mention there are six plants each in 1-gallon pots

5 Likes

First time grower so I did my best…but also didn’t want to over do incase they did become large like HR said support will be needed …not that I would mind …but she got 2-3 more weeks and I hope I don’t need to support her

Big thick dense buds unlike my first plant

5 Likes

2-3 beer cans tall, stem - quarter sized D… I think 5 weeks from seed. Count em at least 40 and she hasn’t started stretch

3 Likes