Artistry Under the Influence

If I had a table like that, I don’t think I’d ever put anything on it. Just sit and stare at it and think “DAY-yam! That’s a FINE table!”

1 Like

No trades are popular any more…woodworking, ironworking, stained glass…it’s all Ikea-type crap now. Rather sad to lose such crafts that were once so honored and respected.

4 Likes

you are exactly right @DieHigh55 even music and movie shows have become so bland…more twerking and sync.dancing than actual music…no one even sings anymore,lipsync,blah blah

1 Like

Well, my feet are on it right now lol.

2 Likes

OMG, Alan, that’s blasphemy!

3 Likes

I guess twerking makes up for the lousy music.:wink:
giphy-2

4 Likes

My mom used to say that she had to pet them, lol.

@mulegal yeah; for cigars. The business morphed into the humidifier alone and it’s still being sold. It got a 91 rating in Cigar Aficionado back in the late '90’s. Kind of dated now though.

@MattyBear thanks but most of this is just a matter of taking your time and not cutting corners. Mankind has been building boxes and furniture out of wood for a long time lol. It ain’t rocket science.

@DieHigh55 I refuse to own any particle board furniture. I’m slowly populating our home with hand built furniture. There must be 6 tables in the house I’ve built.

I forgot who was interested in the woodworking; whether it was @Hogmaster or @garrigan62. Look up at the coffee table or sofa table pictures I posted.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious :laughing:, I thought “ooOo I want to pet” when I saw that light hitting the corners and the first one. That first picture had me hypnotized. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

@garrigan62 is the wood man this is the table he made me

the lamp is not on it yet but it has a whisky bottle lamp on it he is the man

12 Likes

@Willd lol yeah tim tams are nice,very moorish hee hee, got the munchies now,if you like milk try biting the end off an sucking the milk up thru the tim tam yeee haww :slight_smile:

1 Like

I second that contraction!

2 Likes

been workin on this 1 Tobias Rauscher - Passion Loop (ORIGINAL) - YouTube :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn! That guys fingers are longer than my arm.

4 Likes

I noticed that too. I have Fred Flintstone hands. It’s always been a struggle with finger-picking

1 Like

Not a lot of guitar and bass but here’s the latest sonic splashes I made today.

I just remixed with some additional instruments and better ending

4 Likes

far out Will!

1 Like

Another entry I’d been working on but forgot to post.

Here’s the whole playlist

5 Likes

i played them both together and seen budda!
it sounded great!

2 Likes

I enjoy your arrangements @Willd , the instruments you choose to piece together are interesting and enjoyable. Let’s my imagination run wild. I sense a lot of feeling when you play. I like it.

1 Like

Thanks man.
I suppose some of the riffs come from a place in my head and heart rather than any conscious attempt.
I’ve had this one sitting around with a basic framework and added a few more layers
This influenced my step son to want to learn how to use Garage Band and collaborate with me to add samples or vocals and additional instrumentation.

7 Likes