Artistry Under the Influence

@BIGE Nice work as well. I need to come back when my likes renew.

3 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s some really pretty pieces there! Not to be pushy, but more art director, might i suggest you set them in a light boxes, to let those pretty colors illuminate. Beautiful work @bryan

1 Like

Freakin Mad Skills! @DieHigh55 :heart::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I like the variety @Stomper. I dig the chillā€™n bear and colorful bird.
Iā€™m with you, I canā€™t tolerate sitting still for long with out it. i tend to remain more focused, and i find my attention to details is heightened.

2 Likes

A tad off topic but weed was AND STILL IS the ONLY thing I could ever 100% count on to prevent white line fever when I commuted to and from Woodstock, CT and So Boston 5 days a week for 3 years.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s white line fever really?

1 Like

I take notes when I get ideas and ways to articulate complex concepts. I sometimes have to repeat the idea until I can document it so I donā€™t think Iā€™ll remember it and then forget (so many ideas lost that way)

2 Likes

Thanks. Had the big pieces sitting around the garage. Wind chimes made from glass and beading. Definitely worth lighting em up.

4 Likes

I love your bear!! :heart_eyes:

I want to play too :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Sometimes they do start talking, IF Iā€™m in the right state of mindā€¦" My nose is crooked, you idiot!"

1 Like

19 Likes

Beautiful glasswork, brother! But the guitarā€¦could you put a soft light directly behind the panel? Might beā€¦wow.

2 Likes

Tell us about your medium, @Stomper, looks like air brush though Iā€™m probably wrongšŸ˜Š

Agree! Stained glass should be lit from the back like in churches. This is beautiful work! I love the talent in this community!

Haha! Thatā€™s one of my favorites. Thereā€™s a commercial on TV here in Belgium, the milk maid is making pudding and itā€™s really yummy andā€¦I showed this painting at exhibitions and little kids would sayā€¦ā€œLook mama, thereā€™s the lady from the pudding commercial!ā€ I could feel the John Cleese rising up in meā€¦" You stupid, ignorant, little twat, raised by stupid, ignorant twat parents !"

3 Likes

The tshirts and bird are airbrush acrylics. The painting is oils. I work in any medium you put in front of me. Stick me on a beach and Iā€™ll build a sand empire. My snow men brought folks from all over (one was an elk herd in different poses).

I subsidized college drinking by etching mirrors for all the stoners. Got into airbrushing to paint my prosthetic leg. Had never done it before and this was my first piece ā€¦

17 Likes

Do you use lead or copper foil?

I guess you could call this art of some sort

25 Likes

@Daddy

Welcome to the forum! Nice helmet work!

@Stomper @DieHigh55 @bryan All nicely done!! I have zero artistic ability! I am basically tone deaf as well.

I lack the patience needed! When I see people that can do this, it amazes me!

7 Likes