Artistry Under the Influence

This one is just an idea and not really going anywhere

6 Likes

Lol, you sure have put a smile on my face drinking my coffee, @Willd, :wink::grinning:ā€¦ Tuuututuutuuuutututuuu :musical_score::notes:, still lingering in my head , lol :wink:, thanks for sharing my friend :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

@aussie123556 am struggling atm just feel so alone, but this site is amazing,tks everyone for sharing :slight_smile: i love it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sure thing @aussie123556!
See how if this livens things up or chills them down any. This really is a great place to chat and just express yourself no matter who you are.

8 Likes

Finally got around to taking pictures of the jewelry box I made for my wife at Christmas. Itā€™s from the last of the wood I built our dining room table out of. The interior is black walnut.

10 Likes

I love it! And Iā€™m sure she does :grinning:

4 Likes

Question for you. Iā€™m thinking about making a pipe with some aged apple wood branches. Itā€™ll be a short pipe as I donā€™t have a long drill bit but Iā€™m fairly sure I can do it. Your thoughts would be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can you find a really long screw? If so, drill as far as you can, and then use the screw. Is apple wood very hard?

1 Like

I really donā€™t know if itā€™s considered a hard wood but I have found a couple of handcrafted applewood pipes online so Iā€™m pretty sure I can make one. Depending on how you make it you drill 2-3 connecting bores then carve out the bowl. You want to keep the inside bore as smooth as possible so Iā€™m iffy about using a long nail or screw. :thinking:. Iā€™m also wondering if someone else here has made handmade wooden pipes :grinning:. Hmmm maybe @garrigan62

2 Likes

Can you make it so the stem is a separate piece? If so, you could select a small branch for that and drill from both ends. Then whittle it to fit to the bowl.

Apple is a hardwood. That said itā€™s not VERY hard or dense. Briarwood for pipes is root burl for example.

Thatā€™s what I would likely do if I were making one.

1 Like

Sorry to read this @aussie123556, hang in there friend, call someone if you need to. Iā€™ve been where you may be at and the silence is deafening. Reach out if you need to Man. Peace.

4 Likes

@Willd @Screwauger thank you :slight_smile: i really love the snow pics,have never seen snow but it looks like amzing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chopin Nocturne Op.55 No.1 By Arthur Rubinstein (15/154) i listened to this about 50 times today,donā€™t know why my memory remembers 1000notes plus of this song but not whr my lighter is :frowning: lol

6 Likes

Wow! Thatā€™s a FINE piece of work, Alan!

2 Likes

Are you in S. Australia? Hopefully not, looks like the folks there are getting some nasty fires, just like California recently. Stay safe!

Hang in there! Weā€™re all of us damaged here so we understand.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Thanks for your input. I have had this wood for a few years as it was going to be a walking stick. I could make it multiple pieces but I kinda wanted to make it a one piece. Iā€™m heading out soon but will try to find a pic of my idea later. Thanks again :hugs:

2 Likes

Those Chopin nocturnes are beautiful and possess the power to evoke deep emotions. I love the way he always changed tempo and volume.

2 Likes

My latest foray into electonica. The Korg NanoKEY studio controller came a day early! yay

According to my YouTube descriptionā€¦
New thing for wicked arcade game or to pipe into a sketchy freight elevator loaded with drugs money and guns

7 Likes

MIAMI VICE! lol

1 Like