Arrow's labour of love

@anon33684698 …here you go …:wink:

Yes … You do wash some thrichs of, and yes, that would be the sticky stuff on the side of the bucket …I’ll get to this in a moment …

I’ll handle the items from the top, some are not in screen…

The first bucket you’ll see me add the 3% h2o2 to the water at 250ml /19 l of water…this water is slightly less than Luke warm …

Behind my back, out of pic, is a 10 l bucket, filled half way with a slightly soapy water, a metal grid, and a big sponge …this water is as hot as I can handle …

Bucket 3, you’ll see has an orange colour to it …that is 10 l of luke warm water, mixed in is 125 ml pure lemon juice and 125 ml bicarbonate of soda …( when you mix this, add either one in the water first and add a little at a time, of the other, while stirring, this mix will fizz )…

The middle white bucket has 10 l luke warm water…

The last white bucket has 10 l cold water …

The watering container I used to get the water to all the stations …

The sieve you use to collect plant matter ( trimmed leaves and pistils ) that come loose in the washing process …

Here goes … Cut branches and insert into station 1 ( h2o2 station ) slightly agitate, moving back and fro …use the metal grid to trap all the branches under the water, DO NOT take them out, you can leave them there for up to 5 min …Take the big sponge and skim the surface layer of the water, constantly rinsing in the warm soapy water…I call this the mould stage, that is why you don’t take the branches out immediately, cause the mould will just settle back on your buds …and please don’t anybody tell me you don’t have mould, we ALL have mould, it is omnipresent …after properly skimming the surface of that station, can you remove to the lemon station, slightly agitate the branches again, and then to the rinse stations, taking care to do a proper job along the way …shake of excess water and hang to dry as per your norm …

Trichs WILL come off in the wash, but it is of no concern…to understand this, you need to understand the different thrichs and the structure of the bud …

1 – Bulbous
This trichome type is the tiniest of the three at just 10-15 microns. For the record, the width of human hair is approximately 40 microns. Bulbous trichomes appear on the surface of the whole plant.

2 – Capitate Sessile
These trichomes are slightly larger than their bulbous counterpart, and there are far more of them on the plant. Capitate sessile trichomes consist of a head and a stalk.

3 – Capitate Stalked
These trichomes are the largest and most abundant of the trio. Some of them achieve a size of up to 100 microns. This means it isn’t difficult to see them with the naked eye. Its waxy gland head is the main location for terpene and cannabinoid synthesis."

In your wash you will lose some old, amber and bulb heads …but the majority of the trichs are internal to the bud, so your surface wash will mostly have no effect on potency …take note however that hash plants are specifically bred to have more bulbous thrichs, obviously, so you will lose more in the wash …

You will be hard pressed to find all this :point_up_2: in one place…so I hope somebody learns something …:sunglasses::v:

46 Likes