Around the World in 40 Strains Results and Reviews

All I smell is old books now :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::metal:
Great reports, thanks

3 Likes

Thanks for tagging along @StonedCold13 and everyone else. I truly appreciate the time and :heart:s
I am having serious fun with this project. Hope everyone gets inspired to try something new.

4 Likes

+1 :green_heart::point_up:
Thanks for the sweet write ups. A few weeks ago when I was out and been out awhile your reports put me there and maybe gave me slight relief :muscle::metal::green_heart::green_heart:
Keep it up Girl it’s opening my eyes and I know others as well :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Grape Ape

Planted: Sept 4
Flower: Oct 1
Harvest: 12–02-22
Cure until: Jan 18, always in grove bags unless otherwise noted
Total Bud Weight: 7.6gm
Seeds: about 10, might have a few actually make it
Kief: approx 0.2gm, unreliable weight due to small amount
Method: dry herb vape

This seed was found in some herb that was a friend’s last stash (RIP KD) happy to honor the legacy of dear friend. Took clones after showed female, and have them revegging and getting pretty.

I hurt my everywhere today, sitting is uncomfortable. Opening this bag is not what I had expected. Skunky lemonade. Dry buds, mostly larf. First three tokes: grape grape and grape with flowers. Wow. It really does live up to the name. Cough cough. A few minutes into it, no big vibes, but the pain is easing up. Maybe a couple more to make sure–flavor changing to citrus. There are the lemons hiding. Little bit of hazy head going on, sitting is getting easier. Pain is about a third of the start now, but not going away completely. Euphoria is kinda mild with this one, bit of a headache actually. Food tastes kinda sweet too. Pizza doesn’t typically have that. Getting comfy now, about 20 min later. Not zooming in the brain cells, pretty low key happy. Not for the super-painful days, but good enough to take the edge off.

7 Likes

Gold Flav (orange pistil phenotype of The Flav)

Planted: Approx June 19
Flower: Sept 15th-ish
Harvest: Nov 9 2022
Cure until: Jan 21
Total Bud Weight: 27.8gm, pretty safe to assume over half the weight is seeds
Seeds: so full I can’t even separate them. Had 20 in the one bowl worth of bud I hand picked
Kief: approx 0.7gm

Opening the bag is like snorting Thanksgiving dressing. SAGE all up in the sinuses. Kinda reminds me of the very first time I opened a baggie at my friend’s place, it smells just like that. Nice memory lane…anyway. This is the orange pistil variety of the Flav. But for the love of goddess all the seeds…grab the Jethro Tull album, start picking. The little bitty bud is quite sticky though.
Three tokes: boom sage in my face, then a little more lilac/lavender, and then sage with pine. Speaking of my face, it is burning my lower lip? Hmm…odd. Cough cough cough cough. Two minutes later still cough. Been a minute since that has happened. Chest pressure, not much vibing. But the pain is calming down, that’s nice. Head pressure, still a random cough 15 min later. My eyes feel heavy but not sleepy per se. Not taking the pain away, but dulling the edge a little. 30 minutes later, not really feeling much brain fire. Body is heavy and I am just fine in this spot. Shoot, I need some water. Maybe I’lll get up. Maybe I won’t. No munchies to speak of. Pretty calm bud. I really should get up and get some water though.

10 Likes

Afghan#1 (Afghan Kush) by ILGM

Planted: Oct 2
Flower: Oct 27
Harvest: Dec 31, 2021
Cure until: Jan 25
Total Bud weight approx 10 gm (tried a sample bud and didnt weight it because I failed)
Seeds: none
Kief: approx 0.7gm

I have been looking forward to this one. The smell of this when it was growing was just intoxicating. I would sit in the grow room just to smell it. I don’t care, judge me.

Opening this bag is like walking into a candy store where they sell only grape stuff. A little funky but Concord grape all day long. The stickiest buds I have ever had. Three tokes: grape Fanta in vape form. There was a little bit of funktastic end notes, but now I understand what is meant when tokers say “it smells like Kush.” A pretty generous cough. Lasts a minute or so. Got my feet up on the couch now. Awareness level of minutiae is zero. I am pleasantly not caring about much. Chest has a spot dead centre that is pressure but not uncomfortable. Not huge waves of tingling but definitely vibes. Brain is on autopilot. Pain is just about gone in 5 minutes. Even the knot in my hip is giving up trying to be a jerk and just gonna be stoned. Numb brain. Yeah, it’s gone, let it go. Bye bye. Music is kinda distorted, like the volume dial is getting messed with. Maybe a couple more tokes will help. Now spicy. Think I’ll put on my sweater and get cozy with the thought of nothing, gonna sit right here and smile stupidly.

8 Likes

Afghan, one of my favorites :+1:

4 Likes

it’s now one of mine too!

3 Likes

Smokin and chokin on Afghan listening to Pink Floyd…
Comfortably Numb. That is Nirvana for me.
Don’t mind Nirvana either…
1 and 2 favorite bands. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Bubba Kush x Floral Wife

Bubba Kush x Floral Wife
Planted: Approx Aug 15
Flower: Sept 29, 2022
Harvest: Dec 2 2022
Cure until: Feb 26
Total bud weight: 19.7gm
Seeds: none so far
Kief: 1.3gm

Hurting tonight from all the physically demanding cleaning and clearing I did this weekend, maybe something to help the pain tonight. Opening the bag is pretty mild, herbal mix with some lavender mixed in. Dry bud, will toss in the leaf into the grove bag after the photoshoot :slight_smile:

First hit is pure lilacs and lavender. Very floral. Second begins with a little bit of a grape tone, ends with herbal. Third toke perfume. Pretty pleasant. Wait, a little tongue burn? Now it’s gone.
This is a mix of a CBD variety (Wife) and traditional BK…or so I thought? There was a possibility it was also crossed with Thorium OG, but that is not the case. I am pretty sure there is a higher CBD to THC ratio with this grow, no euphoria at all. Maybe it is also BK CBD? (free seeds so not sure)
Instant headache. Hmm. Pressure behind the forehead. This is not pleasant, but I will wait it out. A few minutes later it is actually getting worse. Not really happy about this. A little bit of warmth in the upper back now, headache is starting to ease out. Back pain still the same. Flutter in the chest. Huh. Headache is back. About 15 min into it now. Joint pain still the same, and the headache pattern is becoming annoying. I don’t typically have this type of response. I wonder if this is a straight CBD variety? Buds look ok, no risk of mold or other concerns. I am patiently waiting for some beneficial response but I am just not having one. What a bummer, I had some pretty high hopes for this strain as this is one parent of Dowager Empress and that is very potent strain.
Well, they can’t all be rock stars.
I can’t give this away even, I’d feel terrible doing this to someone. But at least there will be some happy forest creatures to reap the fruits of these seeds in a state forest nearby.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear this one didnt make the grade. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused:

1 Like

not all rainbows end in gold. just life :slight_smile: But it helps free up space for future grows.

3 Likes

Texada Timewarp-Green phenotype

Planted: Oct 2 2022
Flower: Oct 27,2022
Harvest: Dec 31 2022
Cure until: Feb 21, 2023
Total bud weight: approx 6gm
Seeds: none so far
Kief: too low to measure (under 0.1gm)

Just had some tacos. They were great, time to chill and get this nasty ache out of my right hip. This is the green phenotype of the Texada Timewarp twins. Smells fantastic opening the bag-skunk, piney, herby. Grind is dry—I think the 25% RH of my storage area may have been a factor. But for its credit the grove bag does well to keep the smell in. Haven’t found any seeds in this yet. None in the grind. First toke is definitely skunk on toast. Heavy duty skunk on the second, and a little more herbal/pine on the third. Within a few seconds I feel a heated vibe going down my arms. A roller coaster of terps and THC. And here come the stupids. Wow, that did not take long. I got a beer here…and now it is gone. I don’t need anymore of that. Wooo! Dizzy getting up to the bathroom. Chatty chatty, here we come. Got my buddy keeping an eye on my stupids. Thanks, bro. I am not sure if it happened but I think I am seeing light hallucinations. There are sparkles everywhere. Not scary but interesting. No munchies to speak of. Water sounds good though. I can’t take anymore tokes, dude I’m fried. Walked home, no reason to get the authorities involved in this vibrant fun change in frequency.

10 Likes

That sounds like a good one lol :laughing: :joy:

3 Likes

Why no grow info? Outdoor or indoor? Be nice to know mold resistance, powdery mildew and insect resistance etc. Plant height, length of flower just throwing some things at ya as all I’ve read is yield and smoke reports. A list like that with the grow info on so many strains is a big endeavor so we appreciate your perseverance and time.

2 Likes

Pretty sure all they’re going for is a smoke report on these posts

5 Likes

Most of that info is on the Around the World in 40 Strain topic. I just discussed the odd aphid infestation with the Sour Apple I harvested last week and I take photos of each plant just before harvest. :seedling: :potted_plant: :evergreen_tree: :cloud: Everything is grown indoor with the same potting soil (Happy Frog) and nutes (Now Green Planet because my store cannot get the GH I had been using). Thanks for tagging along! I try to put out as much info as I can gather, seemed this was something that should be by itself so people can find it easier.

5 Likes

Your gonna be really stoned by number 40! Ha! Yeah I’m gonna tag along as I like ur project.

3 Likes

Hash Plant

Planted: Oct 2, 2022
Flower: Oct 27, 2022
Harvest: Dec 31, 2022
Cure until: Mar 10, 2023
Total bud weight: 13.9 between two plants (solo cup 5.7gm, silver pot 8.2 gm)
Seeds: none
Kief: 0.7gm

Open the bag, smell the better weekend…
Lots of herb and funky dank going on. Buds are not that dense, but I grind everything and don’t really care. Grinds very well, maybe I’ll check the RH seems a little dry. First three tokes: grapey pine, followed by pine-sol and flowers, and then grape and flowers. Coughy coughy. Not too bad though, a little chest pressure sitting around, random cough a few minutes later. I feel warm, but not hot. My arms just chill out, ceasing to care about getting anything else done tonight. My sore throat is going away. Come to think of it, I don’t have any pain. Yaaaaassssss. A little spacey but nothing egregious. About 10 minutes in now…ears and back of my head are getting numb. Heh heh that’s cool.it feels like the stones on my shoulders have been replaced with bags of feathers. Soft downy feathers of fluffy happiness. 30 minutes now…Heavy without pressure, going in and out of thinking. Few more tokes, starting to get a whiff of musk and spice. Writing this is taking entirely too long. Not elated, but not sad either. Calm and chill with a side of peaceful.

10 Likes

Great review, I have got me some of them seeds… :grinning:

2 Likes