Around the World in 40 Strains Results and Reviews

The grow is well under way for “40 Strains” and as I harvest and sample the grows, I will put their results and reviews here.

11 Likes

CBD Critical Mass Auto by ILGM

Planted: June 19
Flower: approx Aug 15
Harvested: Oct 26
Dried: 7 days
Cured: until Dec 2 in Grove Bag
Trial with Dry Herb Vaporizer (my standard way)

Smooth grape flavor, floral hints which matches this purple bud. About 20 min in a warm fuzzy goes over the arms, slight headache follows. About an hour in real comfy, some euphoria but nothing to keep me in the couch. About two hours later still most pain gone but most other euphoric effects are gone. Pain in my hip almost gone but still lingering. The pictured bud was the whole plant :rofl: :grin: but still worth the time and effort.

13 Likes

Outta loves :heart:, im here for the journey. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Thats awesome! At one time @SparkUp was keeping a log like this of the strains we’ve grown. We’ve only grown like 7-8 different strains so far but we love every second of it!

3 Likes

Fantastic Idea! You must be super organized. I have trouble keeping track of 3 cultivars throughout the grow. Especially at harvest. I used colored coded pipe cleaners to tie up the branches. I had a oops while germinating tomato seedlings last year when the moisture dome caused the ink on all my labels to run. I give away all my extras but I didn’t know what was what. I wound up with all cherry tomatoes except for 2 plum and one beefsteak. I really wanted mostly beefsteak. Well good luck and of course you will keep us posted. I did 365 different beers in one year. Unfortunately I had to drink things like coors and budwiser when I ran out of better options. It was fun. I have the list somewhere.

5 Likes

Thanks so much! I had a moment with losing the info on my labels too, now I use pencil, it doesnt disappear in a humid environment.
I have a journal where I write everything down, and a farmer’s calendar to help with planting dates
:smiley: I am always so interested in the fellow Growmies gardens, but sometimes I dont hear about how the grow is in the bowl, so to speak. I thought if others are taking the time to hang out here, maybe they would want to know too.

7 Likes

Thanks @BigCat420 I figure this would be a great chance to hear from folks about what they think about these strains too, or maybe get ideas for future grows. The next few strains I have in the cure right now got hit hard with a male clone hiding in the flower room, so those will even have seed counts :rofl: Thanks for stopping by!

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to travel, I’ma travel with ya here :metal:

2 Likes

Thanks for hanging out @StonedCold13 !

2 Likes

Thanks @TT for coming along for the ride! Hope to learn a lot about these strains and see what happens along the way.

5 Likes

Dowager Empress

Planted: compost bin grow, found mid April
Flower: approx Aug 15
Harvest: Oct 7-26-successive harvest related to space and maturity
Dried: 4-10 days
Cured: until Dec 3 in grove bag
Total bud weight: 18.1 gm
Seeds weight-10.1 gm, with about 4 gm possibly viable
Method: Dry herb vape
Three tokes, each different. First grassy, then lilac, finished herbal. Late cough then warmth radiating from the center out down the arms, going to the legs. Warmth vibrating all up and down my arms and legs about 30 min in. Pain isnt really improved, but then again I don’t really care right now either. Christmas ligths are REALLY bright right now. And I have some Jedi mind stuff going on. Sounds are pretty loud too, must be a decent sativa strain.
I have a few friends who will really like this one. I prefer indica heavy strains, but can see this as a daytime if I am having a tough day.

10 Likes

My first concentrated effort to grow indoors I grew Sour Diesel autos and 2 Golden leaf photos from ilgm. The GL went outside when the weather warmed up. Harvested way too soon and I know it. I can’t review it fairly other than the fact that it blends in well with the vegetable garden. The Sour got abused during my rookie attempt especially at harvest. The first night I had them all hanging and set. Temperatures and humidity near perfect. I had a new blue tooth humidity/temp monitor. I woke up in the morning and checked the temp/rh app. 95 degrees? 32%rh? Must be broken already. Not broken. The AC exhaust tube had fell out of the window and into the room. The AC had a battle with itself cooling and heating the room at the same time. There went all the good smell and taste. Not all of it though. After 3 months in the cure it got a lot better. So, Sour Diesel Autos, EZ to grow and nice flavor even if you screw up a few times. Decent sized flowers with a nice clean smoke.

4 Likes

White Rhino (Fem by ILGM)

Planted: close to June 19, but was a runt until late July
Flower: Approx Aug 15
Harvest: Main cola Oct 26, remainder Nov 2
Dried 7 days each
Cured until Dec 9
Total Bud Weight: 44.8gm
Seeds weight: 7gm
Kief: 2.6gm
Method: dry herb vape

Sampling main cola tonight because Friday. Opening the bag is always a treat for this strain, it just smells like old skool weed. Skunky pine trees… it is still one of my favorites for pain, and today it is cold with high humidity and it is kicking my ass. White rhino also produces some of the best kief around.
Three tokes: picking up herbal first and lavendar the second time, with a spicy pepper on the third toke. itty bitty cough. Slower creep this time with this grow. But it gets to a level and just stays there. Warm hum throughout after about 10 minutes. Back pain is goners. Hip is numb. Brain is too. I am really comfortable on my couch. Back of my head might be numb. Yep it is. My joints feel heavy, its about 30 minutes into this now. Pretty sure I am not moving from this spot for the rest of the night. Water tastes really good. Taking a couple more tokes on this. Gonna pack another bowl I think. Just a sweet, mellow, painfree ride. Im sure I know stuff but I have forgotten it.

9 Likes

This is fun :metal:
Hope you get some relief!

2 Likes

oh i am :grin: :grin: :grin: :seedling: :potted_plant: :evergreen_tree: :cloud:

4 Likes

Ill have to write this one down for my brother n law :wink:

1 Like

Purple Buddha

Planted: Sept 4
Flower: Sept 30
Harvest: Dec 2, under duress
Dried 9 days
Cured until Dec 29
Total Bud Weight: 10gm
Seeds weight: negligible
Kief: 0.3gm

Great night for a sesh. Sitting on the porch, on an unusually warm winter evening. Opening the bag is just incredible—sweet, pungent, fruity and dank. First three tokes are full of flavor. The first hit is herbal, but sweet after that. Now I understand why some strains have candy names. Not enough to make one thirsty, but plenty of candy hints. Warm in the fingertips, heavy arms. It’s a good night to listen to nature, so I’ll keep going. My chair has a permanent butt groove in it, and my butt is just fine staying there. 20 min or so most of the pain is gone, not bouncing around trying to find a comfortable position. SUPER CHATTY. Thank goddess I have a sympathetic and understanding ear to listen to it. See this being a great social strain. Even on a humid night like tonight not feeling the usual weather punch in the lower back and hips anymore. Everything is kinda slowing down. Beer tastes ok, but not great. But this herb tastes GREAT! About an hour into it, not really chatty anymore. Pretty stoned now. Pain isnt an issue. Quiet and happy. ‘Nuff said.

9 Likes

Pleasant report. Always a great time reading your reports.

3 Likes

White Flav (white pistil phenotype of The Flav)

Planted: close to June 19
Flower: Approx Sept 15
Harvest: Nov 2 main cola, Nov 9 remaining
Dried 4 days (RH in room near 30%)
Cured until Jan 1 in grove bag
Total Bud Weight: 23.3gm, fair smattering of seeds in this stuff
Seeds weight: unknown, still picking out seeds :frowning:
Kief: 0.5gm

Out on the front porch enjoying the spring in the middle of winter. Opening the bag is like taking a whiff of a scratched lime. Not lemons, definitely limes. Almost margarita really. Main nug is still full of seeds, but very sticky. Grinding is damned near impossible, so picking out on a cleaned peanut butter lid, like 1985. And I ain’t even pissy about it. The bud doesn’t crumble apart at all, more like squishes into a flat pancake. Three tokes: first one literally reminds me of an old library. Why, no clue. A little bit of a musty sensation but not like I’m vaping a shiitake, and I just cleaned my vape for goodness sakes. Second one is definitely citrus, again with the lime forward flavour. Third with an herbal/floral hint with the lime, almost like a citrus blossom, it is very pleasant. Sitting about two minutes later a tiny little cough. Slow effects, not much at the start. Feeling a little pressure behind the sternum, itty bitty tingle. Few minutes later it’s in my arms. Then back into my chest. Still some pressure in the chest, but not uncomfortable, just enough to say “I’m here.” The vibes are on a Circus Maximus in my arms and chest. But it isn’t going anywhere else, like it’s stuck in a roundabout. Again, itty bitty cough out of nowhere. Pretty clear headed, focused AF. Either this is a real creeper, or pretty mild. Better take a few more tokes. Flavor is warming up now, almost spicy. Another tiny cough a few minutes later with the chest pressure, but that is going away now. Not really treating my pain, but I feel happy. Now the vibes are in my lower arms and hands. Ok, now it’s going for a walk. Being stuck in traffic sucks, time to ambulate. Well, this is odd, my EYELIDS are feeling sparkly. Hmm, can’t look directly at lights. Not in a scary way, just too bright. Turning down brightness on computer. Can see this being a wake and bake when ya gotta get s#!^ done and are staying home to do it. Super calm, chill factor defcon 5. Everywhere is warm now 30 minutes into it. Focused, feeling like thinking about stuff. I’ll put this in the daytime/self work bin.

8 Likes

White Buffalo

Planted: received clones in August
Flower: Approx Sept 15
Harvest: Nov 2
Total Bud Weight: 0gm, too full of seeds to keep, screened dry kief
Seeds weight: 3.8 gm usable
Kief: about 0.4gm
Method: kief in dry herb vape concentrate oven

I got these clones from a friend of cannabis growers because of their high levels of CBG…trying to develop of good strain to help a patient with Autistic concerns. However, one of the clones that made it into the grow room was a male, unbeknownst to me at the time, until I saw one of my other plants start turning colors in their pistils. The clones really hit the female plants so I decided to use the plants as seed makers. Here is what the kief of this strain is all about.

Put a small amount in the concentrate oven per instructions. While it warmed up I felt a little like the oven was gonna fall out, I held it in place and burned my finger. Note to self-its held in by a magnet, it’s cool. Anyway, I did not experience the same type of toke on this. Some flavor, very muted, on the first draw, a little herbal maybe, but then nothing after that. I was able to get a total of five tokes on it before nothing was left. Maybe user error, it is my first time.
About five minutes into it, a little headache. No cough, a little chest tightness. Brain is on fire though. I can feel a race in my head and I am just watching it. No real body vibes yet. Waiting in the stands yet. Just an overall feeling of calm, really. Some Jedi mind stuff, nothing major. Not vibes per se, but body does feel heavy in a comfortable way, a few minutes later. Stuff is kinda slowing down, but very approachable. It’s heavy without the pounding. I know this is a sativa heavy strain, but it is acting a little more indica in my opinion. No pain, that’s nice. But I sure don’t feel like doing anything physical or strenuous. Palms are vibrating, that’s new. No munchies…hmm. Maybe it is the small amount I used, but as it was sativa-forward strain, was expecting more lightning in my cranial vault than what I am experiencing. Not a problem, mind you. This would be nice mixed with a heavy indica to help dull the night away.

9 Likes