Around 3 weeks old

Ghost Train here. She is right around 3 weeks old. I hadn’t started my journal yet so I didn’t write down the exact day. But it is right at 3 weeks. Is this a pretty normal size or is she behind?

Looks like you’re starting her in a big pot so it’ll take some time for her to build up her roots before she takes off. How close is that light? May need to raise it a bit to lengthen her node spacing.

1 Like

The lights about 10-12 inches. I had it around 18 but a guy from another forum told me it was to far. To get it around 20000 lux. But that put it where it is now. I keep seeing on here everyone saying get the LEDs around 18-24". Do I need to go up?

When plants are that small and using led you need to be at least 2 feet away from the plant because she dont need that much light, and as this babys is growing she get use to the light. Plants need to stretch and if you put that light to close you plant wont stretch the right way! I’m not an expert but that’s what other guy told me hahaahhaha

1 Like

Excuse me for cutting in but I was just going thru reading cause I learn alot that way. You said not to have small plants to close to light cause it won’t stretch and they need room between nodes. I’m just beginning and I knew as plant was growing not to let it stretch and have alot of room between nodes, so how much room between nodes should I be shooting for?

It’s a personal preference really. I like my nodes on top of each other. That gives you those long dense buds. Spaced out nodes gives you a bunch of separate single nugs

7 Likes

Appreciate all the input. I moved it up and honestly the plant already seems to like it better.

1 Like

It seems to be standing straighter and stronger. Before it was weak and when I would mist it, it just leaned over. Now it’s standing strong.

I wouldn’t be misting or spraying your plants directly. Instead mist a dome or clear container to keep you rh up. When you spray your plants it almost suffocates them because they breathe with their leaves.

2 Likes

One of the grow Bible’s I read said to mist leaves ever so often as it mimics rain it would be getting naturally. So now idk lol

3 Likes

It also cleans any dust or dirt from the leaves

1 Like

Are you growing in coco? If so water that baby really good

@imSICKkid As long as the plant isn’t completely submerged in water, they won’t suffocate. I understand they breathe through the stomata, located on the underside of the leaves, but the plants also had to survive through history with rain being poured on them all the time. If they couldn’t adapt to this, these plants wouldn’t exist today and we wouldn’t be discussing this right now.

2 Likes

That’s one of the many good things about the cannabis world. There are thousands of techniques and everyone has their preference. As long as you enjoy it, do as we please :call_me_hand:

1 Like

And I totally get the rain aspect. But like you said…they HAD to survive the rain. They dont have to survive rain indoors, even though they can. Again, it’s all preference. We all do what we like.

All I’m saying is spraying them doesn’t suffocate them. People have been spraying crops for thousands of years. Surviving the natural elements is what has made these plants what they are today.
But I get what you’re saying. We all have our own methods and techniques. I’ve both sprayed my plants and used domes. Sometimes at the same time lol Whatever works best for the relationship between the plant and the individual.

2 Likes

3 weeks old! My baby clones from my Purple Haze and Gorilla Glue.

3 Likes

I like it

A change of luck I think will be moving this attic OP into a bigger climate controlled building. Things should go much smoother! I’m excited.

3 Likes

We talked about them and ILGM actually. He recommended both. Just curious on the US based. Seems like it might be quicker turnaround.