Are they ready to be planted outside in the ground

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I am sending you a picture of my plants after 8 days. I put the 20 seeds I purchased in starter cubes for germination and so far 9 have come up and wondered if this is what I should be seeing? Should they look like they do with very thin stems and so tall? Are they ready to be planted outside in the ground at this point? Please help me out with this process not ever doing before I am unsure.
thank you

1 Like

They are stretched alot looking for light im new as well but i dont see why you couldnt put them outside all i would say is to take a couple days of putting them outside a cpl hrs a day to harden them off

1 Like

You Are going to want to bury that long stem also

1 Like

I’ve had trouble with stems like that and the plant falling over breaking the stem…my solution was to stick small twigs in the dirt or make a small chicken wire cage to circle plant…anything to prop it up or thats going to be a problem…once they are outside in a breeze and getting enough light the motion from the breeze will help strenghten the stalk…I’ve always used soil so one needs to make sure you dont push the stick through the roots…use something as thin as possible and as far away from the plant as you can get it and it will still support the stalk