Are they ready or not?

I have my first plants almost ready to harvest but I’m not sure how to tell when they are ready. Some say go by the tricomes and some say go by the white “hairs” turning brown. My plants white hairs are 50% brown but the tricomes are still clear.

1 Like

Hey @ssmoss69, welcomt to the forum
Trichomes are the best indicator. Cloudy with some amber 5-10% is good.
The pistils (white hairs) are an indicator but not as sure as checking trichs. 90% brown is what you want.
Do you have a 60x magnifier?

2 Likes

I have been wondering if my plant is ready yet. Grown outside, first time grower… this plant looks good to me but I don’t know for sure. It was a found seed so I don’t know what the strain is either… any information would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

She looks to have a few weeks left bud wait for milky amber mix more amber = more couch lock more cloudy clear head high and can be short lasting

3 Likes

Thanks. I have a 15X loupe. It’s good enough to see when the color changes for now. I’ll look into a 60X magnifier.

2 Likes

10 bucks
https://www.amazon.com/JARLINK-Illuminated-Jewelers-Magnifier-Foldable/dp/B078N34WZR

2 Likes

@ssmoss69 @Flashwind Some strains the pistils keep a lot of white…Trichomes are the best way, if you have too many clear it will be a speedy type buzz and maybe headache too, too much amber and you will be couch locked! After you get a few grows you will be able to tell by the overall look!

5 Likes

Well said ! Mr @Holmes

3 Likes

thanks for the info. it will be in my mailbox Sat. Excuse my “greeness” but how do I start a new question? I’ve been using the reply tab, but is there a way to start a new question? Or is that the way?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Just ask your question here. Or you can start a new topic. Up to you. Happy growing!

2 Likes