Are they looking okay?

Bingo! Thats probably the issue. 1000 watts a foot away is pretty intense. Ease back to more like 18.

If my stoner math is correct… 27 x 2 is 52 plus 25 is 77 Fahrenheit? Thats not super bad but i maybe off a bit. Watch those 80’s.

3 Likes

Wicked thanks buddy I’ll raise the light right now and yes 27 Celsius is 80.6 Fahrenheit I’ll make it a bit cooler in there

I’m having problems, first time outdoors, they’re about 17/18 days old from sprouting out the soil, and all growing pretty slow and not doing well :,( tried loads things to fix it, is it maybe the soil I’m using? All I could get because of the lockdown at the time was Westlands topsoil it’s a Loam clay mix or something?

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 You’re on deck. :+1:

2 Likes

They look okay to you ? For autoflowers at that age? I thought they looked quite small but I’m not sure maybe I’m just over worrying

I’m not an expert on Autos. I’m growing another round of Autos. They do what they want, when they want. Size…to many factors that can make a impact on marijuana plants.

I tagged @Myfriendis410 as he is good source of information. I don’t have these issues but I guess I should do some serious searching on here for pictures of problems. For me it looks like a couple of issues going on. Thus the tag.

3 Likes

Soil could be a concern.

1 Like

It was quite compact quite far down the soil so I assumed the roots was holding too much water and not getting enough oxygen so I’ve gently stirred up the soil everywhere to loosen it up and air it out more, and also got told could have over fed them because of this but I didn’t really water them that much or that often to start with

Thanks MrPeat any help from anyone would be great right now as I really want them to go well they’re Californian snow I’ve heard it’s a really nice smoke

Also make sure when watering do not get any on the leaves because water + light can = light burn from the magnifying glass effect.

2 Likes

Ahhhh I see okay thanks bro! I thought that’s what that little yellow spot might have been

You need a ton of organic material in that. It’s going to compact and drown the plant. 25% perlite, compost, peat, coco, anything to loosen and give loft.

Then you’re going to have to deal with PH. A slurry test of the whole mixture would be wise along with any amendments needed to get it to PH range for weed.

3 Likes

I’m having problems, first time outdoors, they’re about 17/18 days old from sprouting out the soil, and all growing pretty slow and not doing well :,( tried loads things to fix it, is it maybe the soil I’m using? All I could get because of the lockdown at the time was Westlands topsoil it’s a Loam clay mix or something?

Please confine yourself to the grow journal when asking grow related questions. Opening multiple threads uses up memory and our site is currently maxed out. The reason pictures aren’t uploading is for this very reason.

I went ahead and consolidated your threads into one. Try to stay in that if you can. Now all of that said if you have a topic that’s new and different enough to warrant it; go ahead and open a new thread. We just don’t want to see the same question put up in several posts.

Thanks!

1 Like

He also answered your issue here. That soil looks very dense. I always add perlite, even to ff soils and they come ready out the bag. The perlite adds aeration and helps the soil drain better, which in turn helps the roots spread out easier. Too dense and ur gonna cramp then drown her roots.

Its only been 2-3 weeks so she hasnt gotten too grounded. Id try DELICATELY to remove that girl (with 3 inches around her worth of dirt). Very SUPER careful cuz we dont know where her roots have grown. Then u want to remove that soil and amend it with something MyFriend mentioned in that quote to help drain better.

2 Likes

This was different soil on this attempt lol, I used straight top soil like a Twonk which had sand a clay mixed in :laughing: I have some perlite on the way in the post, my friend had used the exact same compost with his plants and this is how they’ve turned out so far

They were planted same time as my last failed attempt lol so about 5/6 weeks I believe

3 Likes

This is with the same compost I’m using now

Those ladies look great! Tell him nice work.

1 Like

Grown exactly the same as the way I have pretty much, except I think my rooms just a bit hotter lol, struggling keep the room below 27/28 now but not raising about 30.5c, I’ll have to buy a better fan or another fan :laughing:

1 Like

Environmental control and pH mistakes are the first two big hurdles when starting out. Ull get it together

1 Like