Are they big enough to flower

My girls are 6-8 weeks old. Northern lights (fem)…They are about 18’’ tall now and the stems are pretty sturdy … They have 14 - 16 main branches … 7-8 pairs. Are they ready to change to a 12/12 ? 20180531_181232|374x500

1 Like

You can try but they may need more time if it’s to early they will just wait till there ready to

2 Likes

No real branches as of yet… start topping every 5 to 10 days… . You’ll have a Bush In no time… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Plants can be turned at any time, but as others have said its usually best to wait until the plant shows preflowers before flipping the switch

2 Likes

I thought they were still a bit young. Im in no hurry to get them going before they are ready … Thank all … Yep

Do you have a different lighting setup to flower under? Based on the size they already are you’ve already outgrown the flowering abilities of a few cfl’s.

@dbrn32 At this time this is all I could afford … If you remember, I only was using 1 - 16w CFL on each plant … Now I have 4 on each … Their are 16 lights on them now … I was thinking of taking a set and putting them on the side .

I vaguely remember. I apologize, but I’m usually talking lights with several different people every day. I lose track pretty easily.

I don’t really want to contradict the info others gave you, but I’d get them into flowering pretty quickly. 6-8 weeks old should be plenty mature. And with the weak intensity they’re gonna try to take over your space during transition.

1 Like